Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Come on Diana. You have to come to my party." Jason wiggled his eyebrows seeing if the bookworm would take the bait. For the last 6 months, Diana has been withdrawn and not her regular fun self. Jason understood that she was almost done with school and all. The fact that she was also working was probably not helping matters any. It was at that moment that Jason finally realized how easy his older sister had made his life.

Regardless of his epiphany, Jason still wanted to liven her up. "It'll be fun Diana. You may get to meet Roxanne if you come. Remember her? That was the gymnast from a month ago." He smiled and scratched his head. "I still can't figure out how she bent her body so low and was able to put her mouth."

"Shut the hell up. I don't want to hear about her sordid bending skills." Jason realized he might have just pushed her too far; so he cut off whatever she was about to say by leaving the room. Hell, his sister Heather was close to popping out that baby and he needed Diana to fill in. Jason smiled, still not believing Diana was almost a veterinarian.

Diana, on the other hand, was furious. Why did he do that to her all the damn time? Did he not know that she has been in love with him for ages? "As if, all he cares about is the next piece of."

"Piece of what?" Angel asked as she walked into the Kennel. Her large curious eyes looked on in anticipation of the gossip.

Diana smiled at the young girl. "Raven, I was saying all he cares about is his next piece of tuna." Angel eyed her skeptically, then shrugged it off. "Any baby yet?" Her friend and boss Heather was due soon and she was excited as was everyone else. Yet she hoped it wouldn't be until after next week. Specifically, after her graduation.

"Nope, little Able likes her penthouse. Can you imagine leaving your own place to come share a house with three people?" Angel smiled and Diana laughed. The kid was great and her sense of humor was as warped as Diana's.

Diana smirked as she shook her head. "I'm guessing it's the tight slip and slide she needs to use in order to come out that's keeping her in." They both started to laugh as they made their way to the dogs Angel was there to walk.

"So what's my hunky uncle up to?" She asked on her way out. Diana glared at her. "Does that look mean you're not going to his party?" Angel asked with curiosity.

Diana's glare intensified. "Hell no. I can picture it now. A bunch of bimbos and drunk guys toasting with their red solo cups."

"Red Solo cup, I lift you up. Let's have a party." Angel sang as she walked out. Diana sighed sure the damn song would be stuck in her head the rest of the day. "Damn you, Toby Keith." Talk about an earworm.

Diana lost herself the rest of the day in work. Jason, bless his soul stayed out of her way. That is until he went home and blasted the radio. Granted they were closed for the day, but he knew she was still there. "Why in the hell had he came to live in his sister Heather's old apartment?"

On the plus side, with Percy spending more time in Texas Diana was asked to share her home. Now it was just the two of them in their house. Heather, David, and Angel had gotten a home not too far from Safe Haven. Now they were close to the clinic, in case there was ever an emergency with an animal or the baby.

After trying to catch up on paperwork, Diana realized the music would not let her concentrate so she went home. "Damn, you Jason Graham." She muttered once she was home.

"Squawk, Jason's an asshole." Came the screeching sound of Pauly as he flew into the room. He landed on his perch and proceeded to groom himself.

"Pauly, cut it out. That is a bad word." Diana scolded her bird. She knew very well that he was just repeating what she says out loud more often than not. "I better be more careful about what I say around you buddy," Diana said as she walked over to her bird with a cracker in her hand.

"Squawk, Pauly wants a cracker." He begged as he turned his head upside down in a way that always made Diana laugh.

"Begging is so beneath you Pauly." Giggling, she fed her bird then headed for a shower.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Diana was oblivious on how confused she had left Pauly.

"Squawk, this Jason fellow has my Diana in a twist once again. I have to find out who he is. I must know if he is good for us." Pauly was not convinced this would be the human for her. She always seemed so upset after she saw him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, Jason had looked out of his window in time to see Diana drive away. The look of uncertainty was on his face. What was it about this woman? She was nothing like his type, but there was something. He scratched his dogs head as he continued looking out the window. What Jason didn't notice was the way his dogs' ears perked up at his masters' interest in this female human. They had been living there for a week now and Hercules had yet to meet the female.

She didn't seem like the other women that had momentarily come to his home. They seemed to just get mounted and leave. He didn't like that. No, he didn't like that one bit.

............................................................,...,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well here you go, a little something to keep you going.

I wrote on my phone as the hubby drives us home. Let me know if you find any errors...