Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jason was in a bad mood, tizzy, pissed off? Words can't begin to describe the feelings whirling inside of him at the moment as he drove to his sister's house. He was so pissed off that he failed to notice the look of utter horror on her face when he barged in. "Your precious Diana was boinking the night away. Carefree and drunk I might add. With this pretty faced man whore." He was sure steam was streaming from his ears. "Did you know she has a bird? Fucking thing called me an asshole." He walked back and forth as he muttered to himself.

It was her startled cry of pain that finally made him stop to look at her. "What the hell is wrong with you? Oh gross, did you really fucking pee on yourself?" Yeah, his brain wasn't really firing on all burners at the moment. The bloody killer look she shot him before she screamed out again snapped him into working order.

Running to her he helped her to the couch. "Where the hell is your husband? Why the hell aren't you at the hospital?" Jason was frantically looking around spouting out question after question until another contraction had Heather sinking her nails into poor Jason's arm. "Holy crap Heather, let go of my arm!"

Once it seemed the pain had subsided she was finally able to talk, or pant was more like it. "He had court today. The baby wasn't due for another three weeks. I told him to go and not worry." That calmed Jason, this must be nothing more than Braxton's Hicks. You know when a woman's body starts to get ready for labor.

She must have been reading his mind because her next words chilled him. "I've been having pains for a week now. I thought this was the same but stronger. It wasn't until my water broke that I realized this was no fire drill, but the real thing." She braced herself for another contraction as Jason braced himself for the loss of the top layer of his skin. Since her nails seemed to have embedded themselves in his arm again.

"Holy crap Heather, their right on top of each other. Is the ambulance arriving soon?" He made his way to the door and looked out.

"I haven't called, it just happened so fast and there was no one here. I can't do this Jason, I changed my mind." The look of fear in her eyes hurt Jason's heart. This was his rock, the woman who has always given all to him. The least he could do was be with her, comfort her now that she needed him.

Pulling out his cell phone he dialed 9-1-1 and then he dialed David. They tried to tell him he was still in court, but the ear-piercing scream Heather let out sent the poor girl running to tell David about the baby. "It's coming Jason, this little boy isn't waiting any longer."

After taking several deep breaths he smiled. "I'm assuming this will be like when that black lab had her litter last week?" Heather laughed through her pain as Jason ran around getting the needed supply's ready. He was confident he could do this if needed. He hoped the paramedics would get here as fast as possible but he got this, if needed.

Just as she screamed again he heard the sirens in the driveway and he sank to his knees screaming out "Thank God." His sister shot him a look that made him shrug. "If there is one thing I never want to see in my whole entire life. That one thing would be my sister whoha opened" he gestured by forming a round circle with his 2 hands making Heather throw a pillow at him.

"Jason you are so" she never did finish her sentence as another contraction shook her poor body. While she was coming down from the pain he let the paramedics in. It was to no avail. The little critter was already crowning, there was no moving her anywhere until he was fully out.

He was starting to get traumatized with all the new bad words she was spouting as she clawed his arm when the loud siren calls sounded again. The door was banged open and in ran a wild-eyed David. "Baby" she cried out. Jason wasn't sure if she was calling David by his pet name or she was telling him the kid was coming.