4 ; i'm avoiding every mistletoe

i'm avoiding every mistletoe

"I barely know that girl," Austin says to his publisher, pouring him a glass of coffee. "I honestly just bumped into her and gave her a drive home."

"As if," she scoffs, opening her laptop and starting to type something. "you two were spotted at a café. Flirting. Also, I don't know if it's photoshopped or not, but there's also a picture of you two kissing. I'd like to think your fans aren't clever enough to edit Mel in the front mirror."

She turns her laptop to him, which is linked with all the files of the pictures that were taken yesterday. Austin sighs from his spot at the corner and runs a hand through his hair. His publisher smirks, knowing he would have to explain to not only her, but his thousands of fans.

"Okay, at the café we were being a little flirty; I'll admit that. But me kissing her? It was an honest mistake. I wasn't buckled up and we were talking, Mel swerved and I accidentally kissed her." Austin explains, shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh, Darling, I believe that because you don't ever buckle up," The older lady says, turning her laptop back to her to see what she was clicking on. "but... in these pictures, both of you seem to be actually kissing. Your lips are actually puckered; both of you."

This makes Austin groan and throw his head back. "Alright! We did both, I believe, actually kiss for a mere second, but that's it! I told you, we were a bit flirty in the restaurant and I accidentally kissed her, so of course a real kiss was gonna happen!"

"Austin, I don't see what's so bad about it. The girl is beautiful. Lives in a nice apartment building, writes for Popcia, so it'll get you positive publicity, and---"

"Sandra, did you Google that woman?" Austin questions, giving her a disbelieving look.

"Of course I didn't; Google isn't a good source for searching for people. I looked up her apartment build then looked for an 'Ally'."

The actor rolls his eyes and gets up from his spot. "I'm going for a walk."

----

"Good morning," Farrah squeals excitedly as Ally exits the bathroom. "Where were you last night?"

Ally walks to the kitchen, her roommate and former 'fling' following her. "Out."

Farrah raises her eyebrows and pushes, "Where?"

"None of your business," Ally murmurs, rolling her eyes as she goes to the fridge for something to eat. "I'm probably going to the grocery store later. There's nothing to eat."

"I know something we could eat," Farrah purrs, coming near her by the refrigerator. "Well, I can eat at least."

Ally irks her eyebrow and sits up straight before turning to her. "What do you have in---" she stops at the sight of her woman in front of her, a smirk on her face. "No."

"C'mon, Ally," Farrah whines, frowning. "It'll be fun," she suggests, stepping closer and leaning in to place a kiss in her adam's apple. "I'll even kiss your navel. I know you like it when I kiss you there. Even better, a little lower."

A little moan escapes her, not being able to control what the sweet talking and kissing was doing to her.

But she comes to her senses and shakes her head before softly pushing her away. "I'm-I'm sorry, Farr. But I-I just don't wanna go down that road again with you."

Farrah sighs and leans up a bit to kiss her friend's lips softly. Just for a moment, Ally kisses her back, but Farrah is the one to stop it. "That," she says, indirecting the kiss. "is how I know we're not done for good."