The Alkahestrist, Aurelia

<><>Girl's POV<><>

Ah, now I'm the stupid one. I'm too softhearted on the country whose responsibility doesn't fall to me. I shouldn't mix myself in the affairs of Amestris, and simply focus on my goal and my goal only.

I guess I fought alongside the boy because it's only natural, to aid the ones in need. Sure, getting caught up in this mess sure was a waste of time, and it proved to be just a hassle, but I'm glad.

Glad I could help.

I sigh, running my hands through my golden hair. I really should start moving again; I never intended to stay in Central for long.

The military and police are questioning and helping citizens. Hopefully, I can slip out of everyone's notice and leave.

Of course, that didn't happen.

As I stand up and turn to leave, the boy stops me, saying, "wait. You really shouldn't move until you get medical attention."

I grunt, looking away. "Don't need it. Thanks for your concern." This surprises him. "With wounds like those, it's going to be pretty hard to travel around. Rest."

"Oh, and," he adds, "I'd like to ask you a couple questions." Are you serious? Why's this shorty interrogating me?

I sigh, and sit down again, only because I figure I can get some information out of this guy, too. "What do you want?" I ask, wearily.

"For starters," he begins, "who are you? You..." I raise an eyebrow. "I-?" I prompt. "Well, you stand out a lot. No one around really looks like you."

Without thinking, I respond, "so do you. Can't find anyone here who's short or shorter than you." "That's not what I meant- HEY! WHO YOU CALLING A MINIATURE SIZED PARTICLE THAT NO ONE IS ABLE TO SEE!?"

I scoff. "I never said that much. Anyways- ugh, why am I bothering?- my name is Aurelia. That's all you need to know."

The boy doesn't look satisfied with this answer, but continues nevertheless. "How did you transform the gadget on your arm to have a blade attached?"

I shrugged. "You should know, Alchemist." He admits, "fine. Alchemy. So the transmutation circle was pre-drawn?" I nod.

"If it was alchemy, what was that long-ranged alchemy you did?" I sigh again, replying, "it goes by many names. Amestrians may call it the alchemy of the East, the Purification Arts, or Alkahestry."

"You know both alchemy and alkahestry? Where did you come from?" I snort. "Yes, and now you're making me sound like an alien or something. I was raised in Xing, but-"

I stop myself. I almost said the true reason I'm here. Why am I tellin all this to an Amestrian, again?

I state flatly, "I'm done here," and jump to my feet. However, someone commands, "stop." A man with coal black eyes and matching hair color stands before me.

I'm pretty darn sure the boy groans behind me.

The new guy is dressed in the classic Amestrian military uniform. He introduces himself. "I am Colonel Mustang. I believe your name is Aurelia?"

Tch. One after another. Without removing my steel gaze from every movement he makes, I answer, "yes. What business do you have with me?"

He smiles slightly. "So, you're saying you're just going to forget that you fought one of the most hardened criminals in the area? And successfully brought them to justice?"

I sniff indifferently. "Yes. I'd also like to forget meeting you." I hear the blonde one next to me snort with laughter, although he tries to cover it up.

"That's cold," the Colonel remarks. "Well, you're even going to forget that you fought alongside the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric?"

"That shrimp? The Fullmetal Alchemist?"

On the word "shrimp," he springs up, ranting about seafood and size and whatnot. He then threatens me with his transmuted automail, though I don't see any threat at all.

"Shut up, flea." *Ed crashes to the ground, anime style.* "So, what? Going to question me on what happened?" I predict.

"Yes," Mustang says. "That, and your origins. You certainly do not look Xingese, but you're definitely not from this country, either. And if you are from Xing, we need to see your legal information."

"And," he mentions, "we need to know why you're here, of all places. I guarantee you're not just a tourist."

I growl with impatience. "You don't understand the circumstances. These are my personal matters-" "-that the government still needs to know. Unless," he continues, "you're like Fullmetal, here."

Immediately, the look on the young State Alchemist's face darkens. "Colonel, what in the hell do you think you're doing?" I interrupt, "no. I understand everyone has their own secrets. The thing is, are you, a dog of the military, able to conceal it?"

Mustang remains straight, and undaunted. "Of course. I swear it."

I sweat drop, saying, "though, it's more... odd and unusual than anything forbidden and terrible. I doubt you'll believe it."

The Flame Alchemist shrugs. "Trust me. I've seen and heard a lot of 'odd and unusual' things."

But about the Fullmetal Alchemist. Right now, he seems pretty interested in my case, especially after witnessing my use of alkahestry. Can I also confide in him?

Suddenly, I sense a strange presence, coming from the street. The suit of armor who Edward had called "Al" joins us.

I can sense a soul, but strangely, no chi circulating within the armor, which makes me wonder. Perhaps, maybe, I can learn about this unique duo, too.

"Fullmetal, and you," -I point to the suit of armor- "I'm guessing you'd like to hear my side of the story, as well." They nod. "One thing," I say. "Equivalent Exchange. I tell you my hand, you tell me yours."

They look shocked for a moment. The armor inquires, "our hand?" I nod. "Yeah. Hey, that suit of yours..." I furrow my eyebrows. "It's, empty, right?

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Please ask me if you're having trouble understanding what is going on. I'm always happy to help other alchemists and alkahestrists.

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamOtaku