Kim Sungkyu's INFO

Kim Sung-kyu (Hangul: 김성규; Hanja: 金聖圭) is the leader and one of the main vocalists. Was born in Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do on April 28, 1989. He attended Jeonju National University High School. In 2007, he auditioned for SM Entertainment but failed to make the cut, and auditioned once more in 2008 only to fail again. Due to his admiration for rock band Nell, he initially auditioned at Woollim Entertainment under the recommendation of Nell's manager whom he'd met coincidentally at the cafe where he worked at part-time. With a hurting stomach, Sung-kyu went to his audition and lightly threatened them by saying, "If you don't pick me, I'm going to bother you forever." Afterwards he rushed to the hospital immediately and got an appendectomy. On the day of his release, he received the notification that he had passed his audition. Originally intending to pursue rock music in a band, Sung-kyu instead became a trainee for the dance group Infinite, of which he would later become a member.

Made his debut as a musical actor, along with band member Woohyun, in the musical "Gwanghwamun Sonata". Sung-kyu plays the role of Jiyong, the son of the female lead. The musical lasted from January 3 to March 11, 2012. In May 2012, it was announced that join Immortal Songs 2 as a fixed member. In January 2013, Sung-kyu was confirmed to be a fixed cast on JTBC Lee Soo-geun and Kim Byung-man's High Society 2. On February 15, 2013 Sung-kyu graduated from Daekyung University's Practical Music program and received the 'Proud Daekyung University Student award'. In October 2013, he featured in rapper Kanto's debut single "What U Want". On February 8, 2015, he was confirmed to star in new KBS's web drama, Love Detective Sherlock K, alongside Yura as lovers. On January 29, 2015, Sung-kyu was confirmed to star in new variety show, Fluttering India. His second album '27' was released on 11 May 2015 .