(4)What a misconception

Song for this chapter:  Snap out of it, Arctic Monkeys

{Elise's POV}

It took me a minute until I finally unfroze and slowly started making my way to the plastic "desk" where god knows what kind of lecture Amanda was about to give me.

Most of the kids in the circle just turned back and continued talking about themselves and some didn't even bother to look.

I stopped at Amanda's desk leaving a wide space in between us. She didn't look up at first, she just continued to look at her feet and tap her fingers.

I stuttered at first, a bit scared to say anything, "Amanda?"

She instantly whipped her head up and looked back at me, "Do not..." she paused for effect I guess "call me that. You have to call me Ms. Willows from now on. How could you trick me like that?" 

"Trick you" I scoffed, "I had no idea you were a teacher here, you look like one of the girls in this classroom" I stretched out my hand and gestured to her tight outfit. It wasn't everyday you saw  a teacher with those tight clothes. Those tight clothes that clung so tight to her slender body, the garments looked like skin. The way they outlined her tiny waist, and her long legs.

Amanda's face reddened; I quickly averted my eyes to the ground, completely embarrassed at how I was just staring at her body. 

"For God's sake! What were you doing on that side of the building anyhow?" She whispered loudly, while letting her head drop into her hands.

She lifted her hands and covered her face, "My god, Elise." She looked up at me, " can you..just give me your hand" she commanded in a melancholy voice.

I was confused but extended my right hand, she grabbed it and turned to my wrist, where her number was written.

Oh shit, please don't.

I looked down with a horrid feeling in my stomach as she looked around to see if anyone was looking, then licked her finger and rubbed off the number she had written.

I felt the pit in my stomach grow as she let my hand go, knowing this was going to be the last we ever talked about the moment.

"Listen Elise, I'm sorry for putting you through any of this crap. I never meant for you to get the wrong idea of me. Hitting on a student was not what I intended my first day on the job to consist of, to be honest."

I felt my stomach do a flip and whirl as the memory fluttered back into my mind. I felt like an idiot only now being able to see how close she was getting. How her humour was all too flirty for just normal conversation. 

"Yeah, I suppose you should be prepared for anything when you enter my lair"

"Thanks for being understanding, I guess. Promise not to tell anyone, you have no idea what could happen" Amanda had this begging look in her eyes, I could genuinely tell that if I told anyone she could end up in some shit. 

"Of course I would never do that..." I coyly smiled as she deeply sighed and smiled back, "Only"

Of course I wouldn't just let her slip off the hook this easily, hey, if I have the opportunity, I'm going to take it. 

"For the next three month or so, to keep it fair. What if you just skimmed my work? Since I'm such a great student."

Amanda gave me the look that said something along the lines of "Are you fucking high?"

"Are you serious?" There it was, "You want me to give you a free pass for a whole three month for this?"

"I mean, I could just walk to the principal's office and tell him everything with a few improvises thrown in, if that's what you really want"

A face of Bianca Del Rico turned into a face of worry very fast, "No no!...Two months, then you have to forget about this mess. Agreed?"

I thought about it for a second, "Agreed" I took her hand in mine and gave it a firm squeeze then let my hand drop to my waist.

"Now go, I do believe it's Jonah Hill's turn."

She pointed out to a large hipster looking boy with a big scarf and tiny glasses who had his hand on his hip. 

I made an ungodly snort then quickly covered my mouth. 

"Glad to see this problem didn't affect your sense of humour" I chuckled. I was happy to see her holding back a large smile. I turned back and stepped back into the circle of idiots while still thinking about Amanda. I didn't know what was going to happen next, how this problem would turn itself out. Would we be friends, or would we never speak to each other again?

I turned my head in the direction of Amanda's desk and saw her writing down something on a notepad and smiling. My mind wandered around the different ideas of what she could be thinking about.