Living in a Cheesy Romance Movie Plot

But, unfortunately, Sherlock did wake up, and felt the warm sun beating down on him. He was curled in a little ball, wrapped in John's arms, his face leaning on John's shoulder. Sherlock tried to stay as still as possible, so he didn't wake John up, but the change in heart beat and breathing and even the slightest muscle movement made John started to stir as well. Sherlock didn't want him to wake up, but finally the chocolate eyes opened, making Sherlock's heart skip around a little bit in his chest.
"Good morning." John muttered. Sherlock smiled a sleepily, hoping his hair was decent and all. But he had a sneaking suspicion John wouldn't care the slightest.
"Good morning." Sherlock agreed with a stifled yawn. It felt nice to be with John, his now official prom date, just the two of them, but he knew that soon enough they would have to pack up their fancy prom blanket and get back into the car, and Sherlock wasn't really looking for that.
"I am starving." John decided, rolling over slightly to free himself of the mess of limbs and sat up. Sherlock mimicked him, stretching out his stiff muscles and feeling like someone had wedged a underneath his neck all night.
"Did you pack breakfast?" Sherlock asked, shrugging off John's jacket now that it was quite warm. He neither knew nor cared what the time was, but the sun looked high in the sky so it must be around nine or something. John got to his feet, stretching out and rubbing his eyes of sleep, opening up the trunk once again and bringing out a big box of donuts.
"Well you came prepared didn't you?" Sherlock asked with a little laugh.
"Of course I did." John shrugged, coming back over and sitting back down, opening the box of donuts and grabbing the first chocolate one available. Sherlock smiled at him, grabbing a strawberry sprinkles one and eating it slowly.
"Did any ever tell you that you look adorable when you're asleep?" John asked.
"Strangely enough, no." Sherlock laughed, but he was blushing slightly.
"Well, you do. And you've got a sprinkle." John added, plucking a green sprinkle from Sherlock's top lip with his finger, making Sherlock giggle and rub his mouth to make sure he wasn't being too much of a slob. The donuts were kind of soggy, John had probably put them on ice or something, thinking that would be the best option, but they were good all the same.
"Do we have to go back?" Sherlock mumbled. "We could just make a run for it now."
"We've got to go to prom silly." John pointed out.
"And final exams." Sherlock muttered.
"Well those are right before prom, so we'll get both done sooner or later." John shrugged.
"How do you think you're going to do on the math one?" Sherlock asked.
"Well, I had the best teacher, but I don't know. Hopefully I can scrape by." John admitted.
"Mrs. Pines isn't all that..."
"I meant you, idiot." John laughed.
"Oh." Sherlock knew what he meant, but he just wanted to hear it from John directly. "Thanks."
"You're too humble Sherlock."
"I'm really not." Sherlock sighed.
"Well, ya, I suppose sometimes you're not." John agreed.
"Sometimes it's the only thing I've got. So when I'm getting beat up by a very attractive boy it's hard not to bring up my only good quality." Sherlock pointed out.
"Anderson's not that attractive." John defended, looking offended, but Sherlock knew how he was just playing around.
"Oh come on, who doesn't have a thing for missing teeth?" Sherlock laughed.
"Obviously not any girls in our school, or even boys." John laughed. He finished off his donut and started on another, but Sherlock was only half way through his first and not feeling very hungry.
"I hope Mrs. Hudson made a good cover story." Sherlock sighed.
"Oh don't worry about that now, we're not home yet." John pointed out. Sherlock nodded in agreement.
"We have to be soon." He pointed out.
"Well, yes, but maybe, with luck, they won't notice you're missing." John suggested.
"Sounds like them, ya." Sherlock agreed.
"Don't be too hard, they try their best I'm sure."
"They raise me and feed me, but I'm sure the only thing my dad really wants is for me to take over the company." Sherlock sighed.
"Well they'll have a nasty shock won't they?" John decided with a laugh. Sherlock smiled happily, the thought of his father's face when he drove off with John would be scrapbook worthy. They sat and talked for a little while, but their conversation was drifting off as they began to realize what was in store to them. So they packed up the last of the donuts and the blanket and their empty soda bottles and got back into the car, Sherlock in the passenger and John driving, and set back down the road. Sherlock was in a very glum mood now, his day with John was coming to an end, it felt like a blink but it also felt like an eternity.
"Don't look so sad." John decided, slapping him lightly in the arm to get him to pay attention. They had made it onto the cracked paved roads, zooming down the country side without a care in the world.
"I just don't want to go back, that's all." Sherlock muttered.
"Hey, come on, let's play a game." John decided.
"Yes, let's play the license plate game." Sherlock decided sarcastically, looking around the atmosphere to see if there actually was a car in sight.
"I was thinking a more possible game, let's say would you rather?" John suggested.
"Would you rather lose all your football games or have to kiss Anderson?" Sherlock asked after a moment of thought.
"That's too hard." John defended, frowning at the thought of either.
"You gotta pick." Sherlock laughed.
"But then I have to pick between my football career and my loyalty to you, what am I supposed to pick?" John asked.
"I won't take it to heart." Sherlock assured.
"Then, ew, Anderson." John said with a shiver, making Sherlock laugh like a hyena. "Would you rather kiss Mary or fail your math final?"
"Oh come on, that's not fair!" Sherlock complained.
"Totally fair." John pointed out. Sherlock scowled, he could have at least picked the right gender.
"Mary." Sherlock groaned. "As long as you don't take it to heart either."
"It's kind of funny, she kisses me, she would kiss you, and we've kissed each other. How's that for a love triangle?" John asked.
"It already was a love triangle." Sherlock pointed out.
"Illuminati confirmed." John laughed.
"You've got to be kidding me, that was a perfectly normal conversation and you respond with illuminati? That's low Watson, even for you." Sherlock groaned, but he was laughing all the same.
"I'm happy you approve my American humor." John laughed.
"Would you rather have to jump into a pit full of sharp cacti or have to be CEO of Watson Industries?" Sherlock asked.
"Cacti, without a doubt." John decided.
"Were you lying about the whole running away thing, was that just a drunken love sort of vision?" Sherlock asked.
"Do you want it to be?" John asked, peering at Sherlock out of the corner of his eye as they cruised around a sharp bend.
"I want it to be real." Sherlock pointed out.
"Then it's real. I'll save my money; we'll fill up the tank, go as far as it takes us and then start a life." John agreed.
"You should be on some cheesy romance movie, I swear to god you're an expert on making people fall helplessly in love with you." Sherlock decided.
"You're helplessly in love with me?" John asked.
"Always have been unfortunately." Sherlock sighed.
"I would kiss you, but then the two of us would end up dead in a car crash, so I'm sending you a mental kiss." John decided. Sherlock smiled, but intercepted the imaginary kiss all the same.
"Wow, I hope no one saw that." Sherlock laughed.
"Pretty sure they didn't." John decided.
"Good." Sherlock sighed. There was a little bit of semi awkward semi comfortable silence, the two of them just gazing out the car windows and wondering what to say next.
"So, prom is when?" Sherlock asked.
"Three weeks from yesterday, which gives you plenty of time to go suit shopping and what not." John decided.
"Brilliant. I can't show up looking like a moldy old turnip can I?" Sherlock asked.
"You'll still be adorable." John assured.
"Aw, thanks. But seriously if you look bad I'm dumping you." Sherlock shrugged.
"Sure you are." John laughed.
"I'll look stupid anyway; I'll sit in the corner with flowers on my wrist, all alone, while everyone else dances and all." Sherlock pointed out.
"Don't go on about you looking stupid, you do that every day. I have to turn down every offer that gets thrown at me, and I can assure you that will be a lot. And Anderson, who will be alone as well, will keep asking me why I'm turning down all the hottest chicks and I'll be shrugging and making all these excuses... it will be miserable." John decided.
"But we can't miss our prom, not even if it's miserable, because it'll be worth it in the end." Sherlock assured.
"I certainly hope so." John agreed. Sherlock just laughed, just one minute with John would be all the payment he needed to sustain a year through Hell. They got on the main road so their conversation dwindled, they didn't want to say anything that some people might be able to overhear through open car windows or anything. Sherlock kept his head partially down; not that anyone would ever look, but just in case someone happen to catch a quick glimpse of the two richest kids returning from a nice country side sleep over. When they got a block to Sherlock's house John pulled over onto the corner, and the two of them sat in the car and thought about just what to do. If they kissed someone might see them, but then again they might not... In the end John just looked deep into Sherlock's eyes and took his hand, and that was all both of them needed to know what it truly meant.
"See you at school, thanks for everything." Sherlock decided, getting inconspicuously out of the car and giving John a quick smile before walking back around the corner to his house. He made sure the coast was clear before sneaking around to the back yard and climbing the tree stealthily, his bag on his shoulder. He slid the window silently open and fell into the room, closing it softly and thankfully finding his door still shut. Maybe, by some miracle, his parents hadn't noticed his absence. So he spent the rest of the day in his room as well, door closed but window unlocked, just in case a hot football player wanted to sneak in again. But John never came and thankfully neither did his parents; the room was silent except for the pages turning in his books and his pencil scratching at paper as he studied once more for his final exam.     

     His parents never noticed, thankfully, apparently it was common for him to be silent for a couple of hours, or maybe Mrs. Hudson had made such a good cover story they didn't want to hear his side. Either way, Sherlock was able to fly under the radar just long enough to scrape through. The days past once more, there were more prom invitations, more jokes from Anderson, and whole lot more stress for Sherlock. Now the prom was just days away and he had nothing to wear and no plans, he had been so caught up in these stupid final exams that he had forgotten he had a life to live. Prom was two days away and he had just gotten home from studying with John. It wasn't much studying any more considering math was pretty much over, the two of them did some math and a lot of flirting. Sherlock waited for the family to clear out of the kitchen before he nervously approached Mrs. Hudson on a topic he didn't want to be over heard. She was cleaning up the last of the dishes, scrubbing the tomato sauce off with a big green sponge.
"Um, Mrs. Hudson?" Sherlock asked. She looked up at him and smiled, as if to say that she was listening.
"Could I ask a big favor?" he asked.
"Of course sweetie, as long as it's morally acceptable." She agreed. Sherlock rolled his eyes, morally acceptable was only point of view.
"well, I don't know if you know, but prom is coming up, and I need a suit." Sherlock pointed out. Mrs. Hudson giggled a little bit to herself, putting down the dish to pick up a glass.
"I need not ask who you're going with." She added.
"Well, no, I think you can guess, but I don't know how much they cost and I certainly don't want to be the one to have to ask my parents for the money..." Sherlock said nervously.
"Oh come on dear, all you have to do is ask, they don't necessarily need to know what for." She pointed out.
"They won't want to blow money on a suit they know I won't dance in." Sherlock pointed out.
"Then why don't you just tell them? I know it's hard for them to understand, but you got me on board with this relationship." Mrs. Hudson sighed.
"You're different, they've got a blood feud, and that's not what I'm asking, I just need to borrow their credit card." Sherlock pointed out. Mrs. Hudson almost dropped the glass, and her face went white.
"You're asking me to steal from your parents?" she asked in horror.
"Not necessarily, I just want you to give me the credit card, after I get the suit I'll tell them what the missing money was used for, and I'll pay them back if they want me to, or we could just return it, but I just need to get the card and the pin. You know that pin, you do the grocery shopping." Sherlock pointed out.
"Oh Sherlock, I don't know, this really is a lot to ask of me, I could lose my job." She defended.
"No you won't, you're invaluable and you can blame it all on me. Besides they got rid of Redbeard, if they try to get rid of you I'll leave as well." Sherlock pointed out. That wasn't supposed to be sweet, but Mrs. Hudson smiled as if he had just given her the biggest complement in the world.
"Well, I guess I'll give you the pin, but you need to get the card, and this is all on you, and if you use it for any other reason I'll tell your parents everything, you have my word with that." Mrs. Hudson assured. Sherlock's face lit up, and Mrs. Hudson gave him a guilty smile, but she scrawled down a couple of numbers on a piece of paper and handed it to him.
"I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't support your relationship, and Sherlock you better end up marrying that boy or I'll be upset." Mrs. Hudson pointed out, and Sherlock just laughed.
"If all goes well. Thank you so much Mrs. Hudson!" he exclaimed, running up to his room in excitement.