Chapter 7

Lou's POV (cont'd)

~

I was about to make my escape. Away from this terrible reality with management.

It's been about an hour since I called Harry and I didn't even know where I was anymore, but I knew I was going to find him. I was so...out of it. Yeah I can drive when I'm like this but what I didn't realize is that I had tears running down my face.

I missed my Harry. It was also Thanksgiving; another holiday I missed with him.

God, I hate my life so much, I thought to myself as I drove past blocks and blocks of homes packed with people.

When I blinked away tears that weren't even present anymore, I figured out where I was now. It seemed so familiar, like somewhere I've been before.

Can't Help Falling in Love was currently playing in the background as I parked my car in front of a restaurant since I needed food so badly.

Sighing, I got out of the car, locked it, and walked into the dimly-lit place. Maybe I should call Haz, I thought but immediately pushed away the thought.

"Hello sir! Table for how many?" A waitress called, walking up to greet me with a smile.

"Just one, thanks."

They nodded, and led me to an empty table, allowing me to sit down.

"My name is Carla. Is there anything I can get you right away?"

I looked up at her with a grin plastered on my face.

"A beer would be wonderful," I laughed.

"M'kay. Anything else? Want to start out with a salad or soup?" she asked me calmly.

"Soup please, it's kinda cold out plus I haven't eaten at all today. Surprise me, love," I flashed a quick smile at the young woman and sat back.

"Okay! I'll get that for you. Promise you won't wait long." And with that, she walked away.

I was left to my own thoughts once again. I sighed and pulled out my phone, scrolling through text messages between Harry and I. As if I needed to make myself feel worse. I must've zoned for some time because I didn't realize the soup was placed in front of me and that the waitress was trying to get my attention.

"S-Sorry. I didn't mean to do that. What did you say?" I apologize, blinking to focus on her.

"I was just asking if you were okay. You were lost in your thoughts but I got you your soup," she said quietly.

"T-Thank you. I'll be okay. Just a lot going on," I smile slightly.

"Well, if you need to talk, I'm here," she piped up but then lowered her voice to a whisper. "I'm not against gays."

That hit me. How did she know I was gay?

"How do you know I'm gay?" I whispered.

"Hun, I know how gays act. And it's obvious you're thinking about some guy who's incredibly important to you."

"Oh. You've got some gaydar, huh?"

She chuckled.

"Sure, let's put it at that. But I've got my own partner. I'm sure you do too. You're worried. Stuck in some fake relationship with the opposite sex."

"How do you know all of this??" I ask while finally eating, and she sits down in front of me.

"Well, I don't. I'm just guessing, sweetie," she looks down quickly then back up at me. "What's his name?"

I hesitate for a second.

"Harry."

"Aw, that's-"

"Cute," a voice rings out, interrupting her.

Wait, what?

"I overheard your conversation and heard my name come up," the voice with a faint British accent spoke again, which came closer this time.

"H...H-Harry..." I let out a tiny breath with his name stuck to it.

I didn't want to look up but I did it anyways, and couldn't believe who was in front of me.

"This isn't real, it can't be..."

"Well, it is babycakes. It's about time we reunited." He pulled me up from my chair and embraced my small body in a huge bear hug.

"I've missed you so much...so, so much," he said to me quietly. "I need you home."

I started bawling but eventually gave him the tightest hug I've ever given.

"You're the reason I came home..."