4

♕Logan

The screeching sound of the bell echoed around the empty hallway's, signaling the end of school. Swarms of students flooded out the classroom doors, leaving me to be the last one in the room.

Or so I thought...

I crouched down, placing all my books and equipment into my bag and slowly stood up. That's when I herd a table scrape across the floor. It was only for a second, but loud enough to catch my attention. My head snapped up in the direction of the noise, and was met by a pair of deep ocean blue eye's.

"Crap, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Chandler soft voice said. I was only us two in the room, even the teacher had left. Neither of us said anything until something came to mind.

"Why were you here? You weren't even in this class..." I asked, suspicious.

"Oh umm," he coughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. "I-I was just wandering if... you wanted to work on that poem for E-English." He stumbled. Why is he worried? Do I make him... nervous?

"Oh. Yeah of course. Do you want to come to mine or should I come to yours?" I asked.

He let out a loud sigh of relief, making giggle slightly. "How about we take it in turns? We can start at yours and switch." He suggested.

"Sounds good. Let's go." I chirped, bouncing slightly as we walked out the door.

-----

Chandler

"You live here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Umm, yeah?" She said, confused.

"Haha, that's so weird, I live literally across the road" I chuckled, pointing to the house opposite hers.

"That was you!" She shouted, obviously referring to when I moved in about 3 weeks ago.

"Yeah! What a coincidence!" I laughed.

"I guess it is." She giggled, walking up the path leading to the front door. Oh god that giggle, I though. It's so cute.

Chandler stop! You literally met this girl 3 days ago. You don't even know her last name.

I snapped out of my trance when a sweet voice said. "Hello? Earth to Chandler? Anybody in there?" Logan giggled, knocking lightly on my head with her knuckle.

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry.." I whispered awkwardly.

She giggled again, continuing to walk to her front do, me following behind.

She got to the door and tried turning the handle but it didn't open. "Look's like no one's home." She said, pulling key's out of her jeans pocket.

"Who do you live with?" I asked.

"It's just me and my mum." She whispered, swallowing loudly.

Oh god. You've gone and said something stupid again. Fucking hell Chandler.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine." She interrupted. She pushed the door open reliving a very tidy living room.

There was an awkward silence in which neither one of us knew what to say until she broke it.

"So shall we start on the poem?"

"Yes. Let's... let's go." I motioned for her to lead the way.

Acknowledging the hint, she quickly ran up the stairs behind her. I followed her onto a landing with only one door open. Cautiously, I pushed it open completely. "Whoa." I said, looking around her room.