Chapter Five

Barry Allen's Point of View
- Third Person -  

Barry could feel the wind rush past him when he ran through the metropolistic downtown of Central City, his eyes scanning for danger and crime. All people who saw him as he rushed by would only feel a gust of air fly by; occasionally things around them would change, like a person suddenly being closer to one another, or handcuffs suddenly around a fleeting criminal's wrists.

Along with that gust of wind was a red streak, which is what people initially called Barry's alter ego before Iris, a reporter and Barry's foster sister, coined a new name; The Flash.

"Any trouble yet?" Cisco's voice asked in Barry's ear, typing audible in the background. Cisco Ramon; The youngest of Team Flash, Barry's control center's technological genius.

Barry didn't answer, and glanced around his surroundings. "Not yet," He answered after a while.

Caitlin's voice caught Barry's attention. "Robbery- St. James Street. Liquor store."

Barry changed direction. "I'm a speedster, not a cop!"

"Yet you're still going! There could be a poor old lady!"

"Really, Cisco? That again? You used that excuse last time,"

He went anyway.

Barry found the liquor store and zoomed through, taking the robbers guns and inserting handcuffs on their wrists. Money was returned to the cash register, along with jewelry to the frightened hostages.

As police arrived, Barry was long gone.

He raced back to S.T.A.R. Labs in record time, switching into his jeans and oversized sweatshirt. 

His phone buzzed in his pocket, indicating that someone was calling him. "Yeah?" He answered.

"Barry, I need you to come to Cranberry Lake Beach, I need you to look at something." Joe's voice told him.

"As The Flash or as Barry Allen?"

Barry groaned.

"Barry Allen, now please hurry."

Before Joe said the last word, Barry was already out the door, Cisco in his ear and his shoes nearly on fire. He showed up at the remote lake in about five minutes, where a police investigation was undergo.

"Twenty-six year old Kya King was reported missing last night by her sister, and she was found dead this afternoon on the shoreline," Joe explained, pointing to the sandy beach. "Cause of death was preliminarily drowning,  but I think there's something odd about it."

Barry glanced around the lake, taking in the scene. "There's no wave," Barry commented, bending down to Kya's body. He put some black, rubber gloves on and plucked a strand of her hair.

He looked closely.

"There's salt in her hair," he announced. "This is a freshwater lake, something isn't right. Send this body to the morgue for an autopsy, I need more data."

"Yes, sir." Joe rolled his eyes. "You're just a forensics scientist, not Singh."

"But at night . . . " Barry smiled.

"I do not," Joe said, turning around. "Want to hear about your love life."

"Let me know when you get the results,"