Chapter Fifteen

Hayley Evans' Point of View

"Get that needle away from me," I demanded, the glare of the shiny injector making me squirm.

"Close your eyes," Barry suggested. "It probably won't hurt."

"Is it too late to back out?" I said, backing away.

"You already sent your sister and father home," Caitlin said. "And wouldn't it be a shame if you didn't follow through on your promise?"

Her uncharacteristic words sent chills down my back.

"Actually," Cisco called out from the computer. "It's going hurt a lot, so kind of brace yourself. You are going to go through five stages as the serum circulates into your blood. Momentary pain, then temporary blindness, then approximately 10 seconds of non mobility. Next you are going to pass out. Finally you are going to surge to life and are going to be in need of a oxygen tank immediately, if you don't die first."

Barry glared at him momentarily, then refocused himself back to me. "Hayley, with the risk of you snapping in this process, we are going to have to detain you."

I stuck out my hands, which had the cuffs on. "Just get it over with, because I'd like my humanity back as soon as possible."

"There's a possibility that it won't even work," Cisco reminded me as Barry unlatched the cuffs. I felt the rush of my powers rush back through my blood, and a part of me knew if I wanted to escape, it would have had to be then. Barry turned around, and I dismissed that opportunity. "You could die."

"Yeah, but I'm going to die anyway." I reminded him back. "I have nothing to lose."

"Okay, give me your hand." Barry said, avoiding the subject.

I did so.

"I imagined you saying that under different circumstances," I muttered silently, hoping Barry didn't hear. I don't think he did.

Once I was strapped and locked in, Caitlin was handed the syringe to Barry. He shook a little. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I didn't answer, and once I felt the needle sink in my skin, I knew I wanted to have a shot at a normal life, therefore I didn't struggle.

After about ten seconds after the liquid entered my blood, I let out a shriek. It felt like I had been shot directly into my lungs, and the more pain continued the more I tried to breathe. I barely notice Barry gripping my hand, attempting to guide me through it. It ended after about thirty seconds, with more relief than I had ever felt. I breathed heavily, similar to having an asthma attack.

"Hayley?" Barry asked uncertainly.

"On to stage two," Cisco said evenly, his eyes not leaving me.

"What the hell is stage two?" I moaned.

My vision started to waver.

"Temporary blindness," He reminded me.

Pitch Black.

"I see that now," I blinked and blinked. "Not literally, though."

Cisco snorted.

"It should only last about 45 seconds," He said, and I heard typing.

"How do you even know any of this?" I asked, wondering how he could know the exact seconds.

"This formula is based on a injection they give to patients with typhoid cancer and severe ammonia, but Caitlin and I modified it to ... fit your circumstance. With our tweaks, there are a few side effects, like the blindness you are experiencing right now."

My vision, as he was talking, was slowly returning. But as that was happening, I started to feel a numbness starting in my toes.

"Phase three?" I asked, looking at Cisco with blurry eyes.

"If you can see me but can't feel your legs or arms-- then yes, phase three."

"Yeah," I said, attempting to move my toe.

"It should last only a little bit, but you are going to pass out, fair warning."

"Wait, I might not wake up from this?" I shrieked.

"You will wake up," Barry and Caitlin both said simultaneously, glaring at Cisco.

I sucked in a giant gasp of breath.

My vision started going fuzzy.

Something gripped my hand. 

Barry gave a reassuring squeeze.

"Just give in to it," His voice said, sounding far away. "You will be a normal, non murder machine in no time."

As he said so, I detached and gave in to the darkness, my vision going totally black.

- HEY HEY HEY READERS. GUESS WHO'S BACK. BACK AGAIN. SHADY'S BACK. -

*okay no*

- I want to apologize for my short but repetitive hituses I've been taking, but this is coming closer to the end. *tears up over netflix* -

- VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. POLE DANCE WITH A MONKEY. -