Chapter Seventeen

Hayley Evans' Point of View

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and around me revealed that I was still in my cell. Everything was spotless, considering an unknown time as passed since I myself passed out from throwing up and pain coming from my stomache.

I guess all of the water I had inhaled over the last two years needed a way out.

There was a pillow under my head, something that wasn't there when I went under. I looked around the more I became conscience.

The cell started to move; I was absolutely sure it wasn't my head.

It came to where the Flash usually stood with Cisco or Caitlin, but I just saw Barry.

"Barry?" My voice croaked. "What's going on with me?"

"Stick out your hand," He said, ignoring my question.

I did so, my head spinning.

"Now flood the cell like you usually do,"

I attempted to do so.

When I tried to summon my power, a shocking feeling of emptiness ensued instead. I panicked, trying to form a waterball.

Nothing.

"I ... can't."

"Do you remember anything that has happened over the last three days?" He asked cautiously, approaching the cell.

"I remember throwing up," I said, racking my memory. "I remember seeing ... Abbie."

"Nothing in between?" He pressed, a growing panic growing on his face as well as my own.

"What did you do to me?" I said, my voice rising.

"Cisco made an experimental drug, one that could remove your powers," He started. "You wanted to take it."

I looked at him skeptically.

"And it worked?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," He said, typing into a small keypad.

The doors swung out, leaving Hayley out in the open.

"Attack me," He instructed. I raised an eyebrow.

"If my powers work, I could kill you."

"I can get away if that's the case," He said. "Trust me."

I smirked and let out an evil, crackling laugh, with my outstretched my hands. His eyes widened. I burst out laughing.

"Oh, my God. You're so gullible," I snickered.

I raised one hand, and I tried to suck out his tiny lungs.

An empty feeling ensued.

"Come with me," He said, tossing me some cuffs.

I sighed irritably, slipping them on.

They automatically retracted and secured around my wrists, which were now behind my back.

"This is really getting old," I muttered.

"With after what you did to the Flash," Barry said, shifting. "We can't take any chances if you are just screwing around."

"You were willing to take a chance when Abbie was here," I pointed out. "But I insisted."

"Because you said you couldn't control yourself," He replied. "And if it turns out you're telling the truth, I'll be the first one to uncuff you."

"Fair enough,"