Ch.4 You're My Star

Ch.4 You’re My Star

Zendaya just sat they not saying a word. She didn’t want Kelly to hate her or anything. “Kelly? What are you doing here?” Val asked wishing he wasn’t in this situation right now. “I came to see if you were okay. No need to ‘oh shit’ me.” Kelly said. She was heartbroken that Val got over her pretty fast but she was also happy at the same time because she wasn’t holding him down anymore. “I’m okay Kelly. It’s not like you hurt me or anything.” Val said getting up. Zendaya followed him. “Val I'm sorry. It just happened. I wish I could take it back. I really do Val.” Kelly said walking towards him. Zendaya just stood still not knowing what to do. “I don’t. I’m glad you did because I found something 10 times better so thank you.” Val said looking at Zendaya. Zendaya smiled at the ground which made Val giggle. “Well  I hope you’re happy. I’ll just get my stuff from your apartment and leave.” Kelly said looking a little disappointed. “I think that’ll be best, bye Kelly.” For the first time ever that was his real goodbye. Everything with Kelly is gone. Val thought it was time to start fresh with someone he loved. To make something happen for once instead of everything just coming and going. He knows that Zendaya would be here. Forever. “Bye Val.” Kelly said then left. Val and Zendaya just stared at each other for awhile and for the first time it wasn’t an awkward stare. They smiled at each other and gave each other a hug. Val kissed Zendaya’s check. “Don’t let go.” Zendaya said griping him harder. “I wasn’t going to.” Val said and sniff her beautiful hair. 

~

It was a Saturday night and Zendaya was in bed and was texting Val for hours. Val kept asking Zendaya if she was tired and wanted to go to bed and she kept saying no even though she should’ve been sleeping two hours ago. They were just texting each other and being plain cute. They both knew they had camera blocking early in the morning but neither one of them didn’t want to leave each other. Zendaya heard her parents door open. She thought it was her dad or mom getting up to use the bathroom or getting a drink of water or something but she putted her phone down and went under the covers and pretended to sleep just in case. Then she heard her door open and just stood still under her covers. “Zendaya I know you’re still awake.” Claire said and sat on the edge of Zendaya’s bed. Zendaya just pecked up over her covers. “I’m surprise your giggling didn’t wake your father.” Claire said Zendaya just stood still not knowing her giggling was that loud. “Honey why are you still awake.” Claire said while rubbing Zendaya’s legs. “Well y-y-you k-know. I-I was just umm.” Zendaya said not knowing what to tell her mother. She couldn’t say she was texting Val because her mom would expect something and she couldn’t say she was texting her best friend Bella because Bella wouldn’t keep her up when she know she has to wake up early. “Zendaya, sweetie, you know you can tell me anything. Is there anything bothering you?” Claire said wanting her daughter to open to her. Zendaya was always a shell, hiding her emotion and never opening up. She was always afraid to open up and tell people how she really feels. Another reason why she got into acting she can act. “I know mom. I just couldn’t sleep that’s all. Just a little nervous about monday. I’m just really afraid to let people down.” Zendaya said. She wasn’t really lying because she was nervous about Monday and really didn’t want to let her fans, family, friends, or mostly Val down. “Sweetie you know you could never ever let anyone down. As long as you give your best effort, your fans, family, friends, and Val will always be proud of you. Your dad and I are extremely proud of you and the effort you already put into the show. We all know you can do it.” Claire said kissing her daughters forehead. “Thanks mom. That really helped.” Zendaya said and went under her covers. “Your welcome sweetie. Goodnight.” Claire said and walked out the room. “Night mom.” Zendaya said but before she went to bed she texted Val goodnight and went to bed. 

~

7 a.m and the first thing Val does was text Zendaya. He knew she’d be awake because they had camera blocking at 8 a.m. They’ve spent 20 minutes just lying in bed texting each other. They would’ve stayed longer but Zendaya’s mom came in telling her to get ready so she stopped texting Val. She decided to take a shower and wear a flower print leggings, a black flowing t-shirt and a grey beanie. She checked her phone and saw that Bella had texted her. 

“Hey boo. Just wanted to wish you an early good luck for tomorrow night. I know you’re gonna kill it like always. :).” -Bellz

She grabbed her phone and texted her back. 

“Thanks boo :D. I can always count on you. :) You’re gonna be there watching me tonight right?” - Zendaya

“OF COURES. I’m gonna be the first one to cheer you on :)” - Bellz

“Thanks B. Ima need as much luck as I can get.”- Zendaya

“You don’t need luck Z, it’s all in your heart <3 You’d do great I know it :). How bout I come over latter and we have a sleepover and you can tell me all bout your hot dance partner? ;) ”- Bellz

“BELLA!! Oh and about my ‘hot’ dance partner I have some exciting to tell you when you come over. ;).”- Zendaya

“OMG WHAT!?!? you know me I can’t wait plz tell me nowwww.”- Bellz

“Haha you’d just have to wait. I gotta go to Camera Blocking. See ya boo ;) <3”-Zendaya

“:( Fine only cause you have to go. See ya babe.”- Bellz

When Zendaya got there she found Val already there. Her parents had dropped her off and left because had some things to do. “Hey Dayachka.” Val said walking over to give her hug. “Hey babe.” Zendaya said making sure no one was around. They just awkwardly smiled at each other for awhile. “We should probably get to work” Zendaya said “But I want to stare at your beautiful brown eyes all day.” Val wined and kissed Zendaya’s hand. Zendaya just blushed and they went to work.

“That was great Dayachka we’re gonna do great tomorrow.” Val said and gave Zendaya a hug as they walked out. “Thanks Val but I’m still nervous about tomorrow. I don’t wanna disappoint anyone.” Zendaya said and turned to Val making them stop walking. “Dayachka I know you could never ever disappoint anyone as long as you give your all tomorrow. You’ve worked hard and you’re dedicated and passionate and that’s gonna show though your dancing. I know you’re a star Dayachka, it’s time the world knows it too.” Val said. Zendaya didn’t know what to say. She’d never had someone care like this for her before. Val made her feel special, like she could do anything. Zendaya just gave him the biggest hug ever. Val loved Zendaya’s hug. Her hair in his face, the smell of her perfume. Everything was just perfect. Then Zendaya’s phone started to ring. Val letted go of Zendaya and she picked up her phone. “Hey dad. Okay I’ll be out in a sec. Bye.” Zendaya said then she hung up her phone. “Sorry bout that. My dad’s outside waiting for me.” Zendaya said and gave Val a hug before she left. “Dayachka?” Val said before Zendaya left. “Yeah.” Zendaya said “Are we ever gonna tell your parents about us or are we just gonna keep this a secret?” Val asked. It was always hard to hide anything. If he loved something or someone he has to tell the world how he felt. “I-I don’t know Val. I just don’t want to make a mistake.” Zendaya said and putted her hand on his shoulder. “Is this a mistake?” Val said not wanting to look in her eyes. “Val I didn’t mean it like that.” Zendaya said “But is it?” Val said looking into her eyes. Zendaya stood in silence for a while then her phone started to ring again. “Sorry I was just saying bye to Val and everyone else, I’ll be right out.” Zendaya said then hung up. Val just stood there waiting for Zendaya to answer. “Sorry Val I have to go. My dad’s still waiting. I’ll text you later.” Zendaya said then left. Val didn’t know if what he’d gotten into was a mistake or not but he didn’t care. He knew one thing though, he loved Zendaya and he doesn’t want to lose her. He’d do anything to show her how much she meant to him. He loved her.