mates?

Last week

Lydia is known to throw the best parties. Ever.  The whole pack were invited tonight, even Derek. And he never came out. That's how good these parties were.

"Is Kira coming?" I ask Scott, my eyes on the road as we approach Lydia's house.

"I think so. I hope so." He says, rubbing his hands together nervously.

"Dude, just tell her you like her, seriously. You're taking the frigging piss." I tell him through clenched teeth.

Scott hesitates. "Do I?" He asks, slightly uneasily.

I sigh. "Scott, if this is about Allison- which I have no doubt it is- then you just gotta move on, okay? I know it's hard, but she wants you to be happy." I say softly. We pull into the drive. I slap him on the back. "Now let's get in there and you make a damn move!" I encourage him, and he chuckles and gets out of the car.

When we arrive, the party is already in full swing. Though there's dozens of people here we don't know, and a ton from school, I immediately spot the pack sat in a large circle, taking up the majority of the front room. They wave at us, and Scott and I make our way through the sea of sweaty bodies, packed tightly into the house like a tin of sardines.

"Hey!" I greet them, ruffling Lydia's hair and giving her a quick peck on the cheek. I clap Malia softly on the shoulder and wave at everyone else.
"I need a drink. Be right back." I say, leaving the room. On my way to the kitchen I see Derek, struggling to carry a load of beers in his arms.

"Hey, sourwolf." I say, winking at him. He grumbles something at me, along the lines of "don't call me that", but I simply laugh and take a couple of the beers out of his hands.

"Thanks." He sighs. "Sorry, I would've got you one, I didn't realise-"

"It's fine, I'm getting one now." I say, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a beer. I walk back out and am confused as to why Derek's still there and waited for me, but don't question it.

That's when things go a little crazy. I have a drink. Okay, I have drinks. Before I know it it's midnight and I'm grinding some random girl up against a wall to the beat of the loud, fast music. I let the girl go and I'm dancing alone in the crowd of bodies, my eyes shut and my arms in the air, one hand clutching a bottle of vodka. Suddenly I'm pushed into someone. I look up and see it was only Derek.

"Hey, Der!" I smile widely, reaching up and touching his hair. "You have soft hair." I shout over the crowd. He laughs and nods.

"I do? Let me stroke your hair!" He says, then gently touched my hair. I giggle. "You have soft hair." He smiles cheekily.

Then we're dancing and it's already 1:30am. The party is still as loud as it was at 9pm. Derek and I are still pressed together, swaying in the crowd with one another, singing along and banging our heads to the music.

"It's very full in here." I slur into his ear, and he nods.

"Do y-you want to go somewhere? With me?" He asks, his voice wobbly.

I nod eagerly and we leave the room.

"I think... I think I need to- to sober up." I whisper. "Just a tiny bit." I say, squinting one eye and measuring about an inch between my thumb and forefinger. Derek giggles at me.

"I'll make coffee." He smiles, turning on the kettle.

I step closer to him, till our chests are nearly touching. I poke him on the chest.

"I had fun. Dancing with you." I say, smiling. He giggles nervously.

"I had fun too." He smiles back before hiccuping.

I giggle at his hiccup. "Kettles boiled." I say, glancing at the kettle. Derek pours the coffee, adding milk and sugar, then hands it to me.

"Thank you." I coo, raising my eyebrows as I lift the mug up to my lips. I finish my coffee and feel slightly more in tact with sanity.

Then starts more dancing. But this time- still with Derek- it's slower, more intimate.

And that's when Derek, his hands on my swaying hips, leans in and kisses me. His tender, smooth, soft lips connect with my mouth. I don't pull away.

The next morning

I wake up with a splitting headache. Someone really needs to remind me to not drink so much. Then I let the realisation of where I am sink in. I glance to my side, and see Derek, butt naked, sprawled out on the bed next to me. We're in the guest room at Lydia's. Shit. I shake him awake.

"Huh?" He mumbles groggily, almost inaudible.

"Derek," I hiss, "what the hell happened?!"

Suddenly his blood shot, tired eyes shoot open and dart around the room. He slowly sits up, pulling his arm out from behind my back, and edges away from me.

"Wait... We didn't...?"

"What? No, no, of course not!" I splutter, flailing my arms and shaking my head, my eyes squinted as if that's the most ridiculous idea ever.

Suddenly both of our eyes go wide.

"Stiles, if we..." Derek leaves his sentence in mid air.

"Derek, that's impossible. I'm not your mate." I roll my eyes.

Derek nods but still looks concerned. "Right, of course. You're not." He mumbles in a low voice.

"Right." I shrug, nodding at him awkwardly.

A week later (present)

"So you're telling me, nothing happened between you and Kira at Lydia's? Nothing?!" I exclaim to Scott as we tap away at our Xbox remotes on Call Of Duty.

"Nothing." He says simply, and I laugh.

"Really? Nothing? Come on, you must've like, kissed, or something, right?" I try to encourage him to speak but he just chuckles and shakes his head.

"Anyway, what about you and Derek?" He smirks at me. I roll my eyes.

"I wouldn't know. I can't remember. I was hammered. I tried to drink coffee to sober up, but I went and got pissed all over again." I say, grinning nervously.

Suddenly a gut wrenching pain enters my stomach. Quickly as I can I rush to the bathroom, leaning over the bowl and immediately (and violently) spluttering out vomit.

"Ugh..." I groan, clutching my stomach.

"Dude, you okay?!" Asks Scott, appearing next to me as I slump to the floor. I rub my stomach but nod.

"I'm fine." I croak, trying to swallow away the sickening taste in my mouth.
"Must just have a stomach bug or something." I say, still rubbing my stomach.

A/N so here is Part 1!! I'm shit at writing smut so you can PRobs guess what happened...