hormones

I give an exasperated sigh as I walk into school with Scott.

"You okay, man?" He asks, raising a catious eyebrow at me.

"Fine." I mutter, "I just didn't get much sleep, that's all." I say, running a hand through my already messy hair.

"Yeah, I can tell," he chuckles back, staring at the black bags beneath my eyes. I scowl at him and he puts his arms up in defence.

I roll my eyes as we walk towards our lockers, where Lydia's stood.

"Hey, Stiles. So, er, you're looking a little plumper than usual?" She interrogates, a devilish smile on her face. I sigh.

"Fine, Lydia. You were right. But seriously, do I look that big already?" I ask, looking down at my- I must admit- plumper than usual stomach.

She laughs. "I knew it!" She says, then jumps up and hugs me. I laugh into her hair.

"Careful." I mumble, and she immediately steps back, her mouth in an "oh" shape. She smiles again.

"I'm so happy for you. And Derek." She says genuinely, reaching out and stroking my arm. "But, seriously, don't worry. You just look like you stopped lacrosse for a little while." She grins, and I roll my eyes.

"So, uh, what do I tell the others? Malia, Liam, Allison?" I ask Lydia and Scott, who look at each other.

"Well, soon Malia and Liam'll probably be able to hear the babies' heart beats. We can tell Allison." Scott says, patting my shoulder.

"Tell me what?!" Says a voice from behind me. Scott's face erupts in a smile and his brunette girlfriend steps past me and looks up at Scott before crashing her lips into his. Scott wraps his arms around her neck and runs his hands through her hair before pulling away. They got back together the other day after it didn't work out between Scott and Kira or Isaac and Allison. I like it better this way.

"Well? Tell me what?" She asks, looking to the three of us, her eyebrows raised.

"Stiles... Would you care to explain?" Lydia shrugs, looking to me, which Allison then mirrors.

"Hey, Allison... Uh, so, basically. Derek's my mate." I say, using hand gestures in an unhelpful way. I squint at her to see if she's following; she isn't.

"Elaborate on that...?" She says, waving her hand in a circular motion for me to carry on.

"Okay, and, uh... At Lydia's, well, it got... Intimate, let's say." I say, and she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh... Oh? Oh." She says after she realises what that means. Of course her and Scott have had to always be careful in case they are mates.

"Yeah." I reply, awkwardly looking at Scott for help.

"And it's twins!" He adds in happily, and I give him a "what the fuck" look. Great help, thanks, Scott.

"It is?! God, that's so cute-"

"Wait?! It's twins?!" Lydia bursts suddenly, pushing Scott out the way slightly. I nod with a small smirk.
"You didn't tell me!" She coos, a wide smile across her face.

All I do is laugh, until we walk into chemistry. Mr, freaking, Harris.

I sit through most of the lesson with my usual spam of attention (which, unless calmed by my Adderall- isn't great) until Mr Harris picks on me to answer the equation off the board.