bump

I lie down on the couch, half on top of Derek.

"Well, that was nice," I murmer.

"Mhmmm..." Is all Derek replies, a slight smirk on his face as he shuts his eyes and drapes an arm around me.

However, suddenly my phone goes off, interrupting our moment. I go to ignore the call, but see the Caller I.D as Deaton, so pick it up.

"Hello?" I say as I escape Derek's grasp and sit up. He soon follows and listens to the conversation.

"Stiles, it's Deaton. I've done some research, and I need you to come to the clinic." He says, and before I've said anything, Derek jumps up and grabs my coat and shoes. I follow him, my head tilted onto my shoulder to secure the phone to my ear whilst I pull on my trainers.

"Uh, is everything alright? Are the twins- are they okay?" I ask, more urgency lacing my voice than I expected.

"It should be, just be quick." He says, and ends the call.

Derek and I rush the car and jump in, me slightly out of breath.

"You okay?" Derek asks, looking at me with a concerned expression.

"Fine..." I murmer breathlessly, then wave my hand at him to start driving.

We speed to the clinic and jump out the car as soon as it stops. Derek glues a hand to my back as we walk in, and when we do, Deaton's there already with everything set up.

"Hello, Stiles." He smiles. "Derek," he greets with a nod, which Derek mirrors back to him.

I take a seat on the bed without Deaton having to ask me, the paper crinkling beneath my ass.

"Is everything okay?" Derek asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

"It should be..." Deaton murmers as he points a hand at me, indicating for me to lift up my shirt, which I do, and see a slight bump which shocks me.

"See, if you look..." Deaton says, then reaches out and places his gloved hand on my stomach. "We have a slight bump forming here, which wouldn't normally happen so early in a pregnancy." His touch tickles me, but I am intrigued to see what happens next. "But, you see, obviously this is no normal pregnancy." He chuckles, looking at me. "So, the foetus will incidentally develop up to six times quicker than a usual baby." Says Deaton, his hand pressing down slightly on my stomach. "And, as I can feel here, the babies are already beginning to grow."

My eyes widen in amazement. No long ass pregnancy? Hell yeah.

"They are?" Interrupts Derek, a smile on his face. "May I...?" He gestures towards my stomach and he grins in delight. Slowly he places his hands onto my skin, and a huge smile spreads across his face and his eyes water.

"However, this, obviously, also means your body will start changing..." Deaton's nods at my stomach, "fairly soon." He finishes.

***

"I gotta tell my dad, Der." I shrug as we climb into the Camaro.

"What? "Hey dad, ex fugitive Derek got me pregnant with his wolf babies"- are you sure you wanna do that?" Derek frowns at me.

"Well, I don't want to, obviously. But I kinda have to, you know. He is my dad, Der, and it's not like I can hide it from him."

Derek sighs and runs a hand through his hair, which doesn't even lose its perfect sculpture.

"If you have to." He eventually huffs.

"Hey, it'll be fine. He knows I'm gay, he'll know I was drunk. It was just a hookup, after all. Well, until I got pregnant and realised you were my mate, but that's okay-" I start to babble but Derek just leans in and kisses me.

I hum in delight before leaning in and putting my hands around his neck, running my fingers through his thick hair. We pull away soon.

"Come on, Der." I sigh. "You gotta drive me home, I'm gonna tell him." I say, leaning back into my seat and putting on the belt.

"Ugh, okay. You sure you wanna do it alone? I'll come, if you like." Derek says softly, reaching out and stroking my face. I give him a small smile.

"No, it's okay." I whisper. He raises his eyebrows unsurely. "Promise." I add on the end.

***

I had gotten my dad sat down on the couch with a cup of coffee.

"Ok, dad..." I breathe, nerves evident in my shaky voice.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks grumpily.

"Nothin- well..." I sit down next to him but avoid eye contact. "When a wolf and his mate mate, one of the two get pregnant. A couple of weeks ago..." I stare at the floor, unable to even look at him. "I was drunk, at Lydia's party. Derek and I hooked up-"

"Derek?!" My dad bursts.

"Dad, he's in the pack! He has to bond with us. Well anyway, we hooked up... And, well, turns out I'm his mate." I say, my voice lower towards the end.

I glance up at my dad who hasn't moved. He's in shock.

"Dad?" I ask cautiously.

A few minutes past.

"Y-you're pregnant?!" He asks. His reaction and opinion are unreadable so I nod.

"Yeah, but it won't ruin my life, okay?" I assure him.

"Of course it will! You can't take care of a freaking baby, Stiles! What about school?! College?" My dad half yells, a frown all over his face.

"It's not just mine." I say, frowning at him. "Besides, Deaton said the pregnancy-"

"Pregnancy? God, you sound ridiculous." He mutters.

"Fine, development of the babies'll only a few months. So, just take me outta school for a bit, then I'll go back and Derek can take care of them while I'm at school. Besides, since I'm his soulmate, we were gonna end up with each other anyway." I explain, and his face looks less angry.

"Stiles, them?" He questions.

I just reach into my pocket and hand him the sonogram. I lean next to him and point to the two bean shapes on the image.

"Twins." He breathes.

"Yeah." I smile at my dads reaction; he has a small tear rolling down his cheek.

"I'm gonna be a grandpa!" He exclaims happily, then sets the picture down on the table and turns round, before pulling me into a massive bear hug.

I hug him back tightly, holding him as close as possible to me.

"Look," I say, pulling back after a bit. I lift up my shirt and reveal the small bump growing. My dad gasps happily, then slowly places a shaky hand on the bump. I smile at him, which he mirrors back to me.

***
When I go back to Derek's, he looks at me with a concerned expression.

"How was it?" He asks urgently.

"It was good, Der. It was fine." I smile at him. "He seemed pissed at first, but then he saw the sonogram and started crying." I explain as Derek walks forward and wraps me in a hug.

"I love you." He murmers into my ear. I gasp in surprised.

"You do? I... I love you." I whisper back, hugging him even tighter.