ticklish

I stare at the scene that has taken place. Derek lies, his body crumpled on the floor, coughing up blood an clutching his chest. The loft is also completely trashed.

"P-Peter... Came back." Is all Derek whimpers through bloody coughs from the other side of the room.

I let the realisation of my surroundings set in and run to Derek, immediately grabbing his hand in my own.

"H-he... He said he wasn't finished... So he came back..." Derek splutters suddenly and more blood spurts from between his quivering dry lips. I hold a finger to his mouth.

"Don't talk..." Is all I whisper, sweat forming beads upon my forehead as I panic in the small pool of blood forming beneath Derek.

Derek tightens his grip on my hand, which somehow steadies it from its violent shaking.

"It's okay." He whispers innocently, smirking- though the pain is evident in his eyes- at me panicking.

"No, no, I gotta get you to a hospital or something..." I murmur, taking my phone out of my pocket. Derek chuckles.

"Stiles," he begins quietly, "I heal, dumbass. Hey, don't worry," he says softly, deep red blood trickling out from the corner of his mouth, which is slightly upturned in a sincere smile. I roll my eyes but bend forward and plant a kiss on his forehead, despite the beads of sweat that glisten upon the skin.

"Shut up." I chuckle dryly, "just because I care." I pout at him, but struggle to keep a straight face.

"Fair enough," he croaks quietly, but I hold a finger to his lips.

"I said don't talk." I narrow my eyes at him, and he smirks again but complies.

"T-thank you..." He stutters, "don't leave." Derek whispers, his eyes shutting lazily.

"Of course not." I chuckle, my eyebrows furrowed at his pain.

I stroke his stubbly cheek with my shaky fingers, tracing inches of his face softly. His eyelashes brush against his skin as his eyes occasionally twitch. Pinkish veins snake above his eyelids, contrasting to his tanned skin- though it had lost its colour slightly due to his unwell being. I admire him for a while until I feel him shift beneath my touch. I watch his sliced skin slowly begin to return to its original form as he finally heals.

His eyes flutter open and he blinks at me a few times before giving me a small smile, signalling he's okay again. I smile back, dipping my head down and planting a kiss on his forehead before stroking his hair, making him crack an indescribably beautiful smirk at me, his hazel eyes burning deeply into my admiring gaze.

"You all good?" I ask, taking his hand into both of mine and resting it on my thigh. He nods, and slowly- using his spare hand for support- props himself up and leans against the wall, letting and exhausted sigh escape his dry lips, despite an evident chuckle in his throat. I smile at him. Everyday I find another thing that makes me fall in love with him a little more.

"I'm all good." He smiles, then sits forward and plants a long kiss on my lips, to which I immediately mirror, kissing back, letting the sensation of his taste fill my mouth. We do this for an approximation of about 30 seconds- of course with gaps to breath, though.

When I pull away, I grin at him.

"I'm so glad it's you." He whispers, making me raise an eyebrow and squint in slight confusion at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask, twirling his fingers around mine- an action which I know never fails to comfort the both of us greatly.

"My mate. I'm so glad it was. I wouldn't want anybody else." He says, a twitch of a smile tugging at his lips.

"Oh. Really? I could think of a million other people better than me." I say, rolling my eyes at his comment slightly.

Why have me when he could've had a girl? That would've been much easier. Or a different guy; I mean, Scott's better than me at everything, I don't know why you'd want me of all people.

"I couldn't." He whispers, inching his face closer to mine.

I feel his warm breath on my skin and it sends shivers down my spine. He reaches up and places a large hand on my face, dragging his thumb back and forth across my skin. Every time his skin collides with mine, it sends fireworks shooting into the stratosphere of my heart.

"Shut up." I whisper. "You don't mean that."

Derek just chuckles before standing up, holding his hand out for me to grab, which I do. "Of course I mean that." He says, once were eye level to each other.

I shake my head again before he takes my chin in his hand, twisting my head round and up to look at him.

"I love you, Stiles. I couldn't imagine anything better." He says, the element of nothing but promise strong in his sincere voice.

"Okay, whatever, you loser." I smirk. "I love you too." I whisper, before dragging myself up to his height and crashing my lips into his.

***

We lie on the couch later, snuggling beneath a blanket, our bodies intertwined. Not to mention I finally got my Oreos, which I am currently dipping into the remainders of the peanut butter. Derek watches me and shakes his head, chuckling.

"What?" I ask, my voice muffled by the food that fills my mouth.

"Nothing." He replies back, defensively raising his eyebrows before cracking a huge grin.

After I've demolished the packet of Oreos and finished the peanut butter, I set the trash onto the coffee table and lie back into Derek's embrace. He pulls me in, so we're almost spooning, and wraps his arms around me, both his hands over my small baby bump.

"Can you hear them in there?" I ask curiously.

Derek smiles. "Their heartbeats- all the time. Sometimes when they move. Only sometimes, though." He says, rubbing at my stomach.

I smirk at him.

"What?" He asks, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Nothing." I shrug, flicking my gaze around the room quickly before resting it back on him. "Just thinking about how much I love you." I smile, and it's true. The thought is nearly always on my mind.

"I love you." He whispers back, moving his hand up to caress my face then pulling me in and planting a kiss on my nose, making me chuckle slightly.

"What? Was that funny?" He asks, and I dread where this is going. "You wanna laugh, Stilinski?" He raises an eyebrow, and I shake my head, suppressing another giggle.

Suddenly his hands shoot straight to my sides and he begins tickling me. I shout his name, telling him to stop, but he doesn't obey. He moves his hands up and down my body, making me shriek at the feeling. His hands reach my neck, then the tickling stops- allowing me to exhale a deep breath I'd been holding. His hands longer at my neck, though, only slightly touching, and both of our smiles slowly fade away.

And then he crashes his lips into mine.

A/N wowowow so this book is getting quite a few reads recently so thank you so much!! Sorry this was basically just a pile of fluff but oh well (: vote and comment!! Thank you!!