Girl Meets Sneak Attack

I walked out of my room into the living room when I heard Farkle and Maya on the intercom, I pressed the button to let them them into my building.

I saw Riley, my godparents, and Auggie sitting at the table already eating their breakfast, I smiled brightly at them, "Those are my friends. I love my friends. It's a sunny day, I love sunny days. I love my friends, I love my family, and I love sunny days," I walk over and hug Cory, "I even love going to school."

I sat down and started eating breakfast as Cory asked, "Okay what's going on with her?"

"I don't know," Topanga said looking me up and down, 'Don't do anything."

"I'm in a good mood, today is the first day in a long time where I just feel good!" I explained.

"This life thing? I think she's got it down," Riley said high-fiving me.

Farkle and Maya walked into the apartment and they sat at the table with us.

"Maya, Oatmeal," Topanga put a bowl in front of her.

"No thanks, Mrs. Matthews."

"Oh, I wasn't asking," Topanga said and Maya quickly began eating.

"Farkle, you too."

"Oh thank you, but my mother already made me eggs, home fries, wheat toast, marmalade and a strawberry shaped like a star." Farkle said politely.

"I'm going to Farkle's who's coming with me?" I said jokingly standing up.

"Sit down and eat," Topanga told me, not smiling at my joke.

Maya, Riley, and I were walking to Cory's classroom, "I don't know why we were so worried about this year." I said looking from Maya to Riley.

"New School, new people, we didn't think we were gonna survive," Riley reminds me.

"Not only are we surviving, we are thriving," I say still in an unusually good mood.

"You're like a plant! Going like this," Riley said doing a weird thing with her body happy that someone else was finally as happy as her.

"What were we so worried about?" I say again laughing at Riley's goofiness.

Maya stopped right outside the classroom door and pushed me back against the lockers.

"What are you doing?" I ask as she covers my eyes, "What's wrong?"

"Maya that too easy she knows it's you," Riley says confused, "I'll do you now," Riley tried to cover Maya's eyes as I got mine uncovered.

"No that's not the game." Maya said still keeping me away from the door.

"Then what is the game Maya?" I asked concerned about what she was trying to keep from me.

"The game is try to protect the thriving plant from the bulldozer in the pink sweater," Maya said finally allowing me to look inside the class. I saw my 'friend' Missy sitting on Lucas' desk and very obviously flirting with him.

"Silly Maya, bulldozers don't wear pink sweaters," Riley said looking into the classroom, "Oh."

"Wow," I said moving away from the door and leaning my back against the lockers.

"You okay?" Maya asks.

"Yeah," I slid down the lockers until I was sitting on the floor, "I have no right to not be okay, it's not like we are even anything."

"Awe look what the bulldozer did to you," Maya said as her and Riley sat on either side of me, I rested my head on her shoulder.

"There are other girls in this world," I said.