Girl Meets 1961 pt2

~Violet Present~
"Violet would you mind filling in Liam about the way this class works and introduce him to some new friends," Cory asked me.
"I guess," I shrugged, " Okay so basically Mr. Matthews teaches us based on what's happening in our lives. Particularly me, Riley, Maya, Lucas, and Farkle."
"Sounds good," Liam said.
"Yeah its just great," Lucas said rolling his eyes.
"Come out with us after school!" Riley told the new boy.
"Will you be there?" He asked me.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Yeah so will I." Lucas added.

At Topanga's we were all sitting in a booth. I was sitting by Lucas and across from Liam.
"Whatcha looking at?" I asked maya who had her nose stuck in a book.
"Art book. Ms. Kossal gave it to me. It's got all the best artists and their best paintings. It's amazing and depressing" Maya said closing the book.
"She's trying to motivate you." I said grabbing the book.
"Ain't working." She shrugged.
"Look at these." I showed her some of the beautiful art.
"I could never do anything near this. These people all have something to say" Maya said taking the book from me.
"Well, you only know that because they went ahead and said it." I told her.
"You know, someday you're gonna make somebody a wonderful fortune cookie." Lucas told me kissing my cheek.
"Are you guys together?" Liam asked us and everyone looked at us, Lucas and I just stayed quiet.
"Let me take a picture of everybody." Farkle said changing the subject quickly.
"What for?" Riley asked as a phone camera clicked.
" I don't know. It's us. We may be important to somebody someday." Farkle said examining the picture.
"You guys are already important to me." Riley said.
"How?" Maya asked.
"You teach me how to be friends." She answered smiling at us.
"Aww" I said ruffling her hair sitting as far away from Lucas as possible after the awkward question Liam had asked.
We got up, ready to leave, "Maya, aren't you bringing that?" I asked.
"What, this book of "Why bother trying I'll never be as good as these guys"?"
"That's a very discouraging title." I said picking up the book.
"I love you, Violet, but I'm leaving this here. It makes me feel bad and It's really heavy." Maya said taking the the book from my hands and putting it back down on the table.

~Nora 1961~
"The girl with the long, blonde hair I wonder who that's about" Blondie said looking at my journal.
I sighed, "It's my first time here and I would like to remember everything."
"Maybe I'll write about it later." Rosie said.
"It's my first time here, too. I'm on my way to California. My bus broke down, bad luck." The girl shrugged.
"I don't understand why these things happen." I said
"Because if her bus didn't break down, then we don't become friends." Rosie explained "If I go sit at that table instead of this table, then I'm not friends with..." She stopped realizing we never learned this girls name.
"May Clutterbucket" the girl filled in.
"Yow." I said leaning back into my seat.
"What's in California for you, May? I'm going to say Clutterbucket now. But just so you know, when I say it I am not making fun of you." Rosie said way to fast.
"Well, there's a place where people are making art and playing music." May explained.
"Sounds cool. Where is it?" I asked.
"It's a place called Topanga Canyon. I'm sure I'll love it." The girl said dreamily.
"Topanga What a beautiful name for something that you want to love." I noted.
"I'm gonna remember that." Rosie said writing it in her journal.
"May, take the stage, May." Ginsberg said into the microphone.
"You're up." I said.
The applause started and May turned back before going to the stage, "What are your names, new friends?"
"Rosie McGee."
"Nora Evans".
"Wish me luck, Rosie and Nora." She said before going onto the stage.
"Wow, you're going to sing?" I said amazed by her bravery.
" I'm going to try."
"Yay, go get 'em! And remember, you're beautiful, man." Rosie said still clapping.
Folk music started to play and May began to sing "Car drove off airplane flew I stayed here missing you I grow old never see that you were there missing me are we now? What were we then? Will we look back and wonder when? What could have been what isn't yet will you remember or forget?"
"Wow! I'll remember, because that was great." Rosie exclaimed standing up and clapping.
"Let's hear it for may clutterbucket." Ginsberg encouraged the applause.
I heard someone scoff and turned around, "What are you laughing at, Bob Dylan?" I yelled at the man.
"Merlin. Merlin Scoggins," Edwin called the next person up to sing taking a moment to smile at me.
"Take the stage, cowboy." Ginsberg added.
"Who the heck is that?" Rosie asked loudly.
" So that's him. I've heard about him." I said as the figure took the stage.
"Hello. I'm Merlin Scoggins," he said as he turned around and immediately we looked eyes and I felt a deep connection with him.