six

"You have to come, Mina!"

Hands tugged desperately at Mina's uniform, and Mina groaned. "Rachel, you know I can't ice skate. Last time I went, I woke up the next morning with bruises all over."

"It'll be so much fun, though! Pleaseeee, Mina. I'll buy you anything you want for Christmas if you go."

"The things I want for Christmas can't be bought."

"I can buy you a boyfriend." Rachel smirked.

"Rachel, please stop talking about Taehyung. It's all you've been talking about since the lunch incident."

"But I didn't say anything about Taehyung." Rachel stated as-a-matter-of-factly, smiling innocently. Mina cursed inwardly, feeling her cheeks redden as she realized her mistake. 

"Please?" 

 "Not in a million years." 

------

"I can't believe you guys forced me to come. Blackmailing me and threatening to text Taehyung telling him I liked him? That's a little shallow." Mina said as she followed her friends out of the bus, the cold air nipping at her sides.

"You'll have fun. Just you wait." Rachel laughed, looping her arms around Mina's.

They checked in, got their skates, and headed towards the seating area. Rachel suddenly waved her arm in the air, grinning from ear to ear.

"Hi Taehyung!" Rachel greeted, causing Mina's head to snap up. Taehyung stood, waving cheekily at them. His friends were there as well, seated tying their laces. Mina now understood why her friends had been so persistent on dragging her out. They were obviously trying to set her up with him.

Mina gave a wave to Taehyung's friends before Rachel tugged her over towards Taehyung. "Sorry we're a little late."

Taehyung chuckled, tucking a hand into the pocket of his beige coat. "It's all good. Hi, Mina."

Mina looked up at him. "Hi." she greeted quietly.

"Okay, have fun, you two! See ya." Rachel chirped, wiggling her fingers before sauntering off to her friends, leaving Mina and Taehyung alone. 

"So..." Taehyung started as Mina sat down to tie her skates.

"What did they do to make you come?" Mina asked.

"Nothing. I just like ice skating. And I'm pretty good at it, too." He said, looking at her. "Hey, you're wearing the necklace I gave you."

Mina looked down at the snow globe dangling from her neck. "Oh. Um, yeah."

"Looks good on you. Told you I was being serious this time. Not that I wasn't being serious before."

Mina stood, wobbling slightly as she balanced herself on the thin blade of the skates. She hated skating, and now she was going to make a fool of herself in front of Taehyung. She tugged her beanie farther over her head and started towards the ice. "Let's just get this over with." 

Taehyung fell into step with her, walking alongside her as they approached the rink. The rink looked absolutely stunning at night, with lights strung around trees and city lights illuminating the sky.

"Ready?" Taehyung asked, holding out his hand. Mina eyed it suspiciously.

"I don't need help. I'm fine."

He grabbed her hand anyway, his hand literally engulfing hers. "Rachel told me you couldn't skate."

She sighed in defeat and took a step onto the ice. She had completely forgotten how hard it was to ice skate, and immediately clutched onto Taehyung for support.

He chuckled beside her. "Looks like you do need me, after all. I mean, if you don't want my help, I'm sure those girls over there would love my help."

Mina followed his gaze over towards the far corner of the rink, where a couple girls around her age were giggling as they snuck glances at Taehyung. Surprisingly, it didn't surprise Mina that he caught their eyes.

"Just hold my hand, Taehyung." Mina rolled her eyes, feeling herself lose balance again. He laughed, stabling her before starting to move again.

"You know they're trying to set us up, right?" she said as they skated slowly around the circle.

"I know."

"Aren't you annoyed? I don't need anyone to set me up with anybody."

He stopped. "You look cute like that."

"Like what?"

"Angry." he chuckled.

Mina groaned, letting go of his hand. "Stop trying to do that! It's not working, just so you know."

"Trying to do what?"

"That. Toying with me. Calling me cute and getting me gifts. I'm not falling for any of your tricks, Taehyung."

"I'm not trying to do anything. Except help you learn to skate."

"I skate perfectly fine." Mina said, skating ahead of him. She got about ten feet ahead before she lost her balance and fell hard on her behind. She could hear Taehyung laugh behind her before a pair of arms helped her to her feet. Mina grimaced at the pain shooting up her back.

"You okay? Looking a little rough there, snowflake."

"Don't call me snowflake." she muttered, brushing ice off her pants.

"Snowflake."

"Asshole." she replied, despite the grin spreading across her face. 

_____

tae and mina go ice skating c: wrote this because taehyung in coats is life