seven

the first snow // exo

"Rumor has it Kim Taehyung likes you, Mina." one of her classmates, Jaehee, tells her one day in the midst of a biology lab.

Mina did a double take at her words, mustering a squeaky "what?" as she looked up from the microscope. It wasn't like Rachel hadn't said that before, but hearing it from someone other than her best friend made Mina all the more conscious of the rumors spreading around campus.

"I overheard Jimin and some of his other friends talking about some girl he apparently has the hots for." Jaehee smirked. "And we all know you two went ice skating last weekend."

"Wait, hold on. First of all, I had no idea he was going. And second, how does everyone know we went ice skating?"

"You can thank Snapchat."

Mina groaned. "oh my god."

"Sure, he's a little loud at times, but he's charming and also hella attractive." Jaehee sighed in adoration. Mina could almost see the hearts forming in her eyes.

"Ya, I'm telling you. I don't like him. I've only known him for like two weeks."

"He doesn't seem to think time is a factor." Jaehee replied, peering into the microscope. "See, if you two mated, all your offspring would look gorgeous. There aren't any ugly traits to pass on. Let's see, crossing his monolids with your double eyelids..."

"Are you really creating a punnet square for that right now?"

"Uh huh."

-----

Mina decided to head the to library after school, knowing she would probably procrastinate if she went home. Rachel had offered to stay with her, but Mina waved her off, wanting some time to herself.

After purchasing a cup of coffee and finding the perfect table in the library to settle down, Mina took out her books and began to revise her papers. There weren't many people in the library today, probably because it was Friday and everyone had gone out to enjoy the snow while it lasted. She could see a couple other students meandering between the shelves of books and a couple others at tables similar to her own, but it was quiet enough for it to seem as if she was the only one there.

Mina was fifteen minutes into her revision when she felt someone else's presence at her table. She didn't bother looking up, however, in an attempt to avoid making awkward eye contact. Continuing to stare at the words in her notebook, she felt the person sit down in the seat directly across hers and take something out of a backpack. After a moment's pause, Mina started again, picking off where she stopped reading.

There was a rustle of paper, the sound of a pencil against the table, and then a hand sliding the note eagerly to face Mina.

what are you doing?, the paper wrote in messy handwriting, one distinctly of a male's. Mina looked up, finding Taehyung with a cocked head and a lopsided-grin. He nudged his head outward, urging her to respond. Mina rolled her eyes, sliding the paper back to him without a reply.

lets go get hot chocolate! , a note is passed back.

This time Mina did reply, scribbling a reply back messily. does it look like i have time?

She was about to take another look at her essay when a hand snatched it away from her reach.

"Ya, Kim Taehyung." Mina snapped, looking up at him with a look of pure exasperation. "What do you want with me?"

"It's simple. I want you," he pointed a finger at her, "to get hot chocolate with me."

"Well, I wish I had the time to be as free as you are. Sadly, I'm not. Now give me back my essay."

"I'll give it back after we get drinks."

"No."

"I'll pay?"

Mina stood, throwing herself across the table in a desperate attempt to snatch her papers back. It failed. He was too damn tall and held the paper above his head, leaving Mina sprawled across the table looking like an absolute idiot.

"If I go get drinks with you, will you give promise to give them back?"

He grinned. "I know the best place for hot chocolate."

--------

ill never finish this by christmas omg i'm leaving for LA on Saturday and i won't be back until christmas eve...