The Truth From The Past

MAY'S POV

Michael picked me up at exactly 8:07 in the morning. I got in the car and leaned my head against the window. It's way too early for all this. I honestly don't even know where all my confidence came from yesterday because that was definitely not in my personality.

"Today we have to hold hands in public. I'm taking you to an All Time Low concert tonight. When we leave I am grabbing your hand and wear something decent...not...that." He said gesturing down to my outfit. It honestly wasn't anything terribly bad.

I had on black ripped skinny jeans and a shirt with the starbucks logo. I had my hair in a high ponytail. I looked out the window and saw Walmart.

"Oh, stop here I need new hair dye." He pulled into the parking lot to Walmart and we got out of the car.

***********************

"Okay 'Expert Of Dyeing Hair', which one do you think would look good on me." I held up a box of pink and bleach that I could make into an ombre and a box of bright read.

Michael just studied them closely. "You should do pink ombre. It would look good on you." He also grabbed a box of bright red for him. "I need a new color anyway's. This is fading." He pointed to his faded purple.

We checked out and went back to his car.

******************************

"Why did you take me here?" I asked him. This was where we almost kissed. I pulled away before he could. I didn't want to get into a relationship at 13.

"I don't know I just think it's beautiful." Michael said to me. "This is also the place you turned me down on your 13th birthday. I was devastated for weeks. I really really liked you, May. That's why I stopped talking to you. That's why I stopped talking to you. I was just embarrassed. I was stupid. I am so sorry May." He looked as if he was about to cry.

"I am so sorry Mikey. I was scared it would have been my first kiss. I didn't know it meant that much to you. I did like you, I didn't want to be in a relationship that young. I tried to apologize multiple times but you always ignored me." I never knew he liked me that much.

Suddenly he started to lean in. I honestly didn't know why I want to kiss him right now. "Would this be your first kiss." he whispered. "N-no." Just as his lips brushed against me Sleeping With Sirens song Do It Now, Remember It Later started blaring out of my pocket. I put my finger up to tell him to hold on.

"Hello?" I answered. The caller ID was restricted.

"Is this May?"

"This is she."

"You need to come down to the hospital right now. Some guy attacked your mother. She may not make it. This is urgent." What?! my mom. This can't be happening. Michael rushed over as he saw a tear run down my cheek. I'm not the one to cry but when I do. It's usually for a good reason and Mikey knew that.

"O-okay. I'll be right there." I choked out. I didn't really know how to react to this honestly. I hung up and immediately began sobbing. 

"Mic-Michael we n-need to go down to the hospital. It's my m-mom. She got attacked." He rubbed my back and pulled me into a hug.  "Okay." He pulled me up and we ran to his car. 

**********************'

"Elizabeth Davis, please, I'm her daughter."

She looked at me and at Michael. "Only family, sir." 

I looked at Michael. He just gave me a sympathetic look. I can'y believe I am about to do this. "That's my brother." Michael's eyes just widened." 

The attendant at the desk looked suspicious but let us go anyways. 

"Room 327. Don't be to loud. She is still in shock."

We raced down the halls passing over 100 doors. 

325.

326.

327!

I slowly opened the door. Michael just gasped. He knew her from when we were friends when we were younger. She always baked him cookies and when we got in a fight she would always literally make us  make up.

"MOM! Oh my gosh! (A/n I am a Christian and I would prefer to not use 'Oh my god') Are you okay." She had a black eye and a scrape across her left cheek. Her normally long brown hair was shaved off, and her clothes torn up.

"Y-yes. I am just i-in a lot of p-pain." 

I grabbed Michael's hand and dragged him out of the room. It just became this huge battle of whispering. "Michael, what am I going to do. I can't love alone. I checked the papers. She is most likely not going to make it...I...am...scared." I didn't realize I had been crying until Michael pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay. My mom will probably let you stay with us and I will most likely take you on tour with me whether you want to or not."

I pulled away. Shit! "Michael when we almost kissed. The paps are probably going to see that. I know that I am supposed to be your pretend girlfriend but I didn't know we had to start this soon." 

"We will figure all this out later. Right now let's just go see your mom."

We walked back in the room. Her eyes started to close ever so slowly, I was not ready to loose my mom. "I-I love you. Michael you to are perfect together. Please take care of her." Her voice was raspy.

"I will ma'am" Michael was always so polite to my mom.

"Mom! Please don't lea-beeeeeeeep . I immediately broke into tears. I just lost my only family and my best friend. 

Michael just put his hand on my shoulder. "It's time to go. Go home get clothes and meet me at the house. The other boys will be there too. It's going to be okay."

We walked out the doors of the hospital and drove to my apartment that my mom and I shared, for the last time. 

*****A/N Wow! This chapter was 1019 words. I wrote this is the matter of Language Arts class and Math surprisingly without getting caught. The other boys will make an appearance in the next chapter. Please vote and comment if you liked the story. Literally so obsessed with the video above. They are such dorks LOL. I love them. Goodbye my beautiful penguins.