Chapter 1 - 7

Chapter One

"Doin' anythin' nice tonight?"

Cheryl turns and smiles at Sarah, one of the chefs at the young offenders institute. "Finalizin' me divorce," she laughs, neatly bundling all of the papers on her desk up and putting them into the little folder she's holding.

"Are you goin' to meet the b*stard?" the blonde casually asks having heard all about the man.

"Aye, but it's all good becasue after it I'm goin' for a massage and then a facial," Cheryl justifies. Truth is, if she doesn't laugh about it she will probably end up crying. 

Sarah walks further into her colleagues office. "Anywhere nice?" she continues whilst sitting down on the small sofa at the far end of the room.

"A new, little spa place in Piccadilly. I passed it the other day and took the number down that was on the window. It looked really nice." The Geordie reaches for her coat which hangs on one of the pegs mounted to the wall. "You finished?" she inquiries, slipping it on.

"Yeah."

"I'll give you a lift home."

* * * * * 

"Well, that's it," Cheryl's solicitor declares, gathering the signed divorce papers together.

The brunette looks at the man sitting across from her, a strange feeling of freedom washing over. She doesn't need him! "Can I go now?" she asks, already grasping at the handles of her over-sized bag, her mind firmly focused on the relaxing treatments she has booked. "I've got somewhere I need to be."

"Of course..."

And by the time the large, well-build man can finish, she is already out of the door, in the knowledgement that she will never have to set eyes on that poor excuse of an ex-husband every again.

The warm sun shines down into Cheryl's golden skin as she exits the large building, the hussle and bussle of the London traffic ringing in her ears. 

Deciding she isn't far for Piccadilly, she sets off by foot, leaving her car behind for her to collect later.

It's nice, the hot wheather brightening up her day, the sound of people laughing and enjoying themselves making her smile. And God help her, that is something she really need to do right now... smile.

Her destination comes into sight and she removes her sunglasses as she nears the cute, little spa. The outside certainly draws your attention, the woodwork framing the door and windows is painted bright pink. Massive, silver block letters spell out the intriguing name of the spa on the glass.

"Welcome to Angels Delight health and spa services, do you have a booking?" the pretty, young girl behind the desk politely asks as Cheryl walks in, a small bell ringing above her head.

"Cole," answers Cheryl with a dimpled smile even though she is fuming with herself for ever letting the name escape her lips. Why didn't she just say Tweedy? It was probably a habit. 

She waits patiently on the girl as she scans through the laptop, her fingers tap rhythmically on the keyboard.

"Ok, you are booked in with Kim who is the owner of this place. She has just popped out to pick up her daughters from school. Would you mind waiting for ten minutes? She shouldn't be long."

"No, not at all."

Cheryl takes a seat by the window, picking up a magazine from the table infront for her. The smell of oils soon fill her nostrils, inhaling the sweet scent she lets out a content sigh. "Hard day at work?" she hears that young woman ask.