(my story line) Chapter two:

When we get to Windlind our greeting isn't very great. We had reeds thrown at us and some keys, but we stay strong as we walk to where he hit the ground. Then I hear Cowden confronting him. I walk up behind him and stare at Zane. He gives me the crooked smile that he gave me when the conductors went missing. Cowden doesn't notice me till Zane says his name. I can see his expression change from furious to surprised. I then put my hand on Cowdens shoulder. He turns around and almost hits me, Cherry pulls me back and saves me from being punched in the face. I smile when he grabs me and thank him, then I stare at Cowden furious.
"Cowden, you knew this was going to happen. How have you forgotten??" I say my face red from me screaming and Cherry looking at me.
"Cherry blossom, I don't know what you're talking about, I was never notified of this." He says defending his post.
I shake my head and stare at him. I then shift my gaze to Zane. Wow .... He has changed so much. He used to be so short and smiley, now I think he wants to kill us all. I pull Cowden back behind me and I stare at Zane, i feel my trumpets hanging from the strap on my neck. Then I say with a stern voice.
"Zane, why are you here? I thought you disappeared forever? I haven't seen you since the conductors went missing."
He smiles that shiny smile that I missed and hated at the same time. "There was nothing left for me here after that."
This hurts me and I know he can see that, so then he saves it by saying "Only you, you were the only one here to actually care. How have you been?"
I smile and run to him to give a big hug. I can feel Cherry's stare digging into my back and I push that away.
He lets go and walks over to Cowden, then he explains why he is here.
"I'm only here because a force so powerful is going to attack Woodlind."
I can see Cowdens face turn into a thinking expression he makes, he then runs his hand through his majestic hair.
Then I speak again. "All we know is that we have one week before it comes. We need to prepare for anything." I can see this scares my troops, but they were trained for this. This is why they are here. Let's see if their training actually comes to good use.