[5] The Ex

Approximately 20 minutes later...

Stephen walked out of his room ready to eat his chocolate cake. He was happily humming a song when a squeaky voice reached his ears. Adrianna didn't have a squeaky voice, right? There was only one person that had a squeaky voice and the last time he saw her was when she was in bed with her bodyguard. Surely, she wouldn't be here now. The woman would have at least some dignity. But no, as Stephen turned the corner, there she sat on the sofa as if she owned the place.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he stared at Katherine who immediately smiled what was supposed to be an innocent smile but looked as if it made her face look demented.

"Stephen, darling! There you are!" Katherine purred completely ignoring Stephen's question. To add to his confusion, Adrianna walks out of the kitchen, a smile on her face. But why would she be smiling? Stephen thought. He looked closely and saw that it was a fake smile, almost perfected to look real. He wondered how many times she had practiced her smile to make it look so real.

"Oh, Stephen, you're back? I was just going to call you. Your ex-girlfriend is here to visit you." Adrianna said empathizing on 'ex-girlfriend'. She sent another fake smile towards Katherine. This time, the smile was clearly fake.

"Stephen, baby, can you please tell your... maid to stop insulting me." Katherine says returning the fake smile.

"Actually, I am Stephen's girlfriend, not a maid. And instead of talking to Stephen, why don't you directly talk to me? It will be a lot easier, you know." Katherine's smile dropped from her face and she glared at Adrianna who in return smirked at her.

"Listen here, little girl. Stephen was my boyfriend. We had a little falling out but now I'm back so don't be surprised when he dumps you." Katherine said completely sure.

"I believe we broke up..." Stephen checked his watch. "About 5 hours ago. You know, when I found you in bed with your bodyguard."He said calmly with a hint of anger in his voice.

"It was just a mistake. Let's just forget about it and move on." Katherine whispered seductively as she walked closer to Stephen. Stephen looked at Adrianna silently asking for help. Adrianna jumped in front of Stephen just as Katherine moved closer.

"Actually, Stephen doesn't want to forgive and forget. Instead he wants to thank you. We were just waiting for him to break up with you so we can make our relationship public." Adrianna sent another fake smile Katherine's way. Katherine stops walking and stares at Adrianna.

"Oh really?" She asks. "Stephen wouldn't do that. He's too faithful." Katherine smirks. Adrianna looked up to Stephen with a look that he interpreted as hurry up and say something unless you want this leech stuck to win.

Stephen looked at Katherine and smirked. "Usually, I am a faithful guy. But you are just too boring that I couldn't help but cheat on you." It was a harsh thing to say and Stephen would never actually cheat on someone but Katherine deserves it. Apparently it was a big insult to Katherine who huffed and walked out the door, banging it shut behind her.

Stephen and Adrianna stood still for a couple of minutes making sure she wouldn't come back. When they were sure that Katherine had left, Adrianna turned to Stephen who looked at her with something like... admiration? Adrianna ignored the look and instead asked the question that had been bugging her since Katherine had introduced herself to Adrianna. "That's the girl you are in love with?"

Stephen hesitated at the question. Stephen didn't lie often but he really didn't think that he would be caught so soon. "I don't love her." He said simply.

"But, you said..." Adrianna started to say but Stephen cut her off.

"I lied. Actually, Katherine cheated on me and I don't like cheaters. I just wanted to make her jealous so she can see what she missed and I want to make sure that she regrets it."

"Then why did you lie to me?" Adrianna asked him.

"I needed your help and I thought that you wouldn't help me. So I lied. Sorry." Stephen said. At least that wasn't a lie.

Adrianna seemed to buy his half-lie. "That's okay, I guess. I can understand why you wanted to make her regret cheating on you. But, please don't lie to me again. I hate liars." Adrianna turned and walked back into the kitchen missing Stephen slightly flinch at her statement. 

********************************************************************************************

Hi guys! First of all, I'm very sorry that I waited a month to update and that this is so short but I felt that I was dragging the chapter by adding more so I ended it here. But I have started writing chapter 6 and I'll post it by Christmas break mostly because of school and the many projects that I have to do. Hey guys, can we get 10 votes on this chapter? Or maybe 7 comments? That would be great!

Thanks to everyone who voted, commented and/or followed me. I love you guys!

Keep reading!

-R