[19] Dinners and Fights

1 Month Later...

Stephen was right, of course. The morning after the party, Adrianna awoke to many emails asking for paintings. She had made twice as much money as she has expected. And she was much more busy than she thought she would be.

Stephen and Adrianna had fallen into a routine. Adrianna would wake up, get ready, and make breakfast. By the time breakfast was ready, Stephen come to the kitchen all ready. They would eat breakfast together. By then, Stephen's housekeeper would come. She would clear the table and wash the dishes while Stephen left for work and Adrianna retreated to her room to work on her paintings.

Adrianna had feared that the Montclairs also buy a painting. She hadn't wanted to paint them anything but Stephen and Adrian quickly got rid of her worries when they informed her that the Montclair business wasn't doing so good. They weren't going to spend any extra money at the moment. That was the reason why Michael and Eleanor were acting so close to Maria and Xavier. They were hoping to become business partners and save their business. The thought made Adrianna laugh. Let them try. They'll just be helping Adrianna start her revenge.

Usually, Adrianna ate lunch alone. Sometimes, the housekeeper, Belle, joined her. If Caroline or Adrian were free, they would join her. Adrianna had bonded with Caroline as they both talked over various topics. Adrianna never had any other friends so, Caroline was the first who Adrianna talked freely too. They would talk for hours about random things. If Caroline was busy, Adrian usually visited her. She was closed off at first, but slowly, she started to enjoy Adrian's visits. He told her funny stories about his childhood and Stephen. Adrianna had gotten close to her brother now.

However, Caroline and Adrian weren't the only people she had gotten close too. Stephen and her had become more comfortable with each other. When Stephen would come home , they would eat dinner together, left by Belle. After dinner, Stephen would warm up milk and together they would sit on the sofa, watch tv, talk, and sometimes fall asleep. They both had learned many things about each other.

Stephen's favorite color was blue and Adrianna's was a light purple. Adrianna didn't have any favorite food and Stephen's was any Indian food. And so much more information. Stephen told her about his mother, and the childhood stories that Adrian didn't tell.

Tonight was one of the rare nights that Adrian or Caroline joined them. Although, it was the first time that both of them had joined them. Caroline had walked in and sat down just as Adrian walked in.

"What are you doing here?" They both asked in unison and then glared at each other. Adrian took a seat opposite from Caroline and greeted Adrianna and Stephen who were watching the two of them.

The whole dinner consisted of Adrian and Caroline fighting over the littlest things like what tasted better, Chinese food or Spanish, or who was better in everything. After dinner, the group migrated to the living room where Caroline and Adrian proceeded to argue about which movie to watch. It was a good thing that today was Friday or else there would have been a problem.

"It feels like we're parents and our two children are fighting." Stephen laughed and Adrianna joined him, a slight blush in her cheeks.

Adrian pointed a finger at Stephen. "No having kids with my sister."

"Why not? Your sister's so beautiful."

"Besides, who would want you as a child?" Caroline said to Adrian.

"My parents." He retorted.

"Why are you lying? Maria and Xavier are stuck with you so they act as if they love you."

And that started another fight between Adrian and Caroline with Stephen and Adrianna as the spectors.

Stephen laughed and turned to Adrianna. "Adrian and I are so close that these two might as well have been siblings as well." If Adrianna hadn't been looking closely, she would have missed the slight hesitation both of them took before answering.

"Being related to him? No way!" Caroline yelled, acting disgusted.

"No way do I want to be related to this brat! I'm happy with my angelic sister." Adrian yelled back throwing a sweet smile towards her. But Adrianna wasn't oblivious like Stephen who thought Adrian and Caroline were joking. There was some underlying tension and chemistry between the two.   

***

So it's been a while... Sorry. I'm busy the next couple of months so updates will be scarce. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

On a side note, my goal is to finish this story over the summer so if you like this story, please wait.

Thank you for everyone who is waiting patiently, commenting, voting, or just reading. 

Keep reading,

-R