Chapter Eleven- Headaches

A/N- Sorry! Couldn't resist putting that video up....Schyler Dixon's Idol audition....th judges made Colton audition as well...Awesome! I'm done...
Luke's POV
Wow. Amber did amazing last night. I'm really excited for her to join us. I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Joel to get out of the shower, so we could prank Moriah's bus. We had also recruited Colton, so it was me, Colton, and Joel, and we all had bullhorns with working sirens. We had pulled over for breakfast, and Moriah's driver, Callie, had fallen asleep before she told them that, so we had gotten up, woken the other buses, and we had three people with video cameras ready. Joel came out, and everyone was watching from their buses, except John and Korey Cooper, and Jen Ledger, who had video cameras. They're from Skillet, so they can also stand the noise. Joel went to the door, and Colton and I went to two slightly open windows, standing on stepladders. Jen was where we all could see her, and we had our hands on the buttons, so she counted down on her fingers. Three, Two, One....We all hit our buttons at the same time, and we heard screaming from inside the bus.

"WHAT THE HECK?! JOEL DAVID SMALLBONE!!!" We heard Moriah scream, so we all took off running for the bus. John, Korey, and Jen following. We got on, and Jen hooked her camera up to a laptop. At the end, we were all losing it, and Amber came in the bus, laughing.

"Hey dad." She said, between fits of laughter.
"Mom told me to tell you that, one, your bullhorn is going with Callie when we get home, and two, when we get home, you're sleeping on the couch for a week." She was laughing, but she had a little bit of a pained look on her face, so I beckoned to her, and she came over.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, looking concerned.
"Sort of. I woke up just before you did that with one of my headaches, but it was worse than normal." I hugged her, which was awkward, since I'm about a foot taller than her.
"Sorry. How about I warn you next time we're planning on it, okay?" She nodded, grinning at me.
"Sounds good. Can I help next time.....?"
"I'll ask your dad of that's okay. Sound good?" She grinned at me, and I grinned back.
"Beware....I know a few pranks of my own!" She said, taking off, laughing. I chuckled, watching her sneak up and scare Jen half to death, and Jen took off after her. I was a little unsure about what she said, though.....oh well. Can't be helped. She charged back onto the bus, hiding in Joel's bunk.

"Where is she? I saw her come on here. Where'd she g- Ack!" She was cut off at the last part by a water balloon smacking her in the chest, and while she was momentarily stunned, Amber ran past her, carrying a plastic grocery bag filled with water balloons. Joel saw, throwing back the covers on his bunk.

"HEY! I needed those to get the guys up!" He hollered at Amber, who was lobbing water balloons at anyone that had no electronic devices, including Colton, Annie, Britt, and Moriah. We laughed as Colton tried to catch her, and got water balloon up his nose. So far, no one could catch her. Then, she found the hose and the bag of not yet filled water balloons. She took off for our bus, making it just in time with my help. I locked everyone else out, since they had left their keys on the bus, and I helped her fill all one hundred balloons. She grinned at me, and I helped her climb through a window into the top of the bus, where she started pegging people with balloons, so I climbed up with her. Thankfully, I had stuck a key in my pocket, since we couldn't get back in the bus through the window.

"What did we do to deserve this?!" Colton hollered at us while dodging flying balloons. She grinned.
"Nothing! It's just a whole lot of fun!" She yelled back, pegging Joel in the back.
"SCORE!" I shouted, watching his reaction as he tried and failed at pretending to be mad. It was awesome. About fifty people in t-shirts and sweat pants dodging flying water balloons. Even Pastor Bobby was joining in. Then, Jen found the hose, and thoroughly soaked both of us. Then, we threw the last few balloons, and climbed down. We all headed out separate ways too get dry clothes on.

"JOEL! I call dibs on first shower after we eat!" I hollered.
"Okay!" He yelled back, and we got to go to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Doughnuts and coffee. Best. Breakfast. Ever. After we ate, I saw Amber dashing out of our van, and I was a little curious.
"Ehh...She probably was looking for more water balloons." I said to myself. I just didn't notice the egg dye tablet wrappers in the trash can....

Joel's POV
Luke went to shower, and we were just waiting for the bus to leave. Fifteen minutes later, Luke came back, and I tried my hardest not to laugh. His hair had streaks of red and purple in it...Finally, I gave up and tossed him a small mirror....? How'd that get in here? He took one look at his hair, and his jaw dropped. He turned to me, chuckling.

"Did you teach your daughter these pranks?" I started laughing, shaking my head no.
"S-she taught her-herself." I said through my laughter. Then, I got a text from Moriah.

M- Hey, where'd you put the ibuprofen?
J- I put it in your suitcase. Why?
M- Amber has a headache, and she said it's worse than usual. When she got that headache last week, was she crying?
J- no. Why?
M- she's crying herself to sleep, because she says it hurts so badly, and she has earplugs in and is under the covers. The noise and light are making her head hurt more.
J- ouch. No, I put it in the black suitcase with a purple and blue tag.
M- that's Amber's, and it's teal, not blue. Love you. <3
J- love you too. <3

I put my phone away as Luke came back out, this time minus the red and purple hair. He sat down beside me, so I told him about the texts. He winced when I told him about it.
"Ouch. Wow. She told me she had a headache, but she didn't tell me it was this bad. She woke up just before we did that, and we didn't help the headache she woke up with, so I told her that we'll let her help next time, so that we don't worsen another headache." I nodded.
"Sounds good to me. How does Friday sound?" He smiled.
"Yes, but I think we should get Amber to do egg dye tablets in the ladies shower as well." I laughed, and Luke went to go call Amber and work it out. I, on the other hand, did something even more important. I fell asleep.

Moriah's POV
I was really worried now. Normally, Amber took ibuprofen, slept for a few hours, and woke up without a headache. But today, it was almost dinnertime, she had slept through lunch, and she had just woken up with a headache, and her head didn't feel any better. We were eating, and she was hiding the pain beautifully. I wasn't sure how she did it, but the worry on my face was evident. Britt was sitting across from me, and she swallowed, and spoke.

"Hey. Moriah, what's wrong?" I shook my head, sighing.
"Amber woke up with a splitting headache this morning, and normally, she takes something and sleeps it off. Today, she did both, and her headache is just as bad as it was this morning. Doesn't seem like her head hurts though, does it?" She looked over at Amber who was laughing about another prank, and shook her head.
"Wow. No it doesn't. My recommendation would be to take her to the doctor when we get close again. Have them do something along the lines of MRI." I stared at her, shocked, and she took another bite.
"What? I kinda geek out sometimes and watch those hospital dramas. My mom used to watch them all the time." I laughed.
"Well, I guess your 'geeking out' is coming in handy. Thanks, Britt." She smiled.
"No problemo." That, we both had to laugh at. Twenty minutes later, we were heading out, and falling asleep.