Defiance

Lately, Zuko found it difficult to sleep because from the moment he became the new Fire Lord, he was often attacked in his sleep from people who desired to assassinated him. This did not faze the raven-haired male much at the beginning. However, slowly these attempts of assassination began to drive him insane. He began to loose sleep, and his ability to make efficient decisions was starting to be effected as he could no longer think clearly. For this reason, the amount of times Zuko visited his father in the prison, began to increase each passing day, because Zuko sought his father for advice. Of course, he planned all this to be done in secret, but eventually his fiancée [Name] soon found out about his secret visits to his father, which infuriated her. And so, she approached him about this problem. "I can't believe you visited him," [Name] hissed, glaring at Zuko, who sat on his throne. "Who told you!?" He asked in surprise, standing up. "Not you, that's for sure," [Name] snapped, which caused his amber eyes to widen. "You don't understand-" Zuko began, walking down the stairs towards [Name] with a mournful expression. However, she interrupted him. "You're right. I don't understand why you would seek your father for advice and not me... You asked your former enemy, and not me, your fiancée.. No matter how many times I try to help you.. You never.. You never come to me. I'm starting to think that this is a waste of time," [Name] muttered, averting her eyes away from Zuko, who stood still with a perplexed face. Zuko's perplexed expression turned into a shocked one, as he reached his hand out towards the [H/C] female in order to touch her, while he stuttered, "W-What are you trying to say?" His hand was only a few millimetres away from her face, before she looked back at him with a sorrowful gaze, and she stepped back so that his hand didn't touch her face. "I'm saying that us.. this.. It wasn't meant to be," She mumbled, looking away from Zuko once again. Her words caused Zuko's breath to get stuck in his throat, while his fingers began to twitch slightly."Goodbye Firelord Zuko," [Name] mumbled bowing.She received no response from Zuko, who continued to stare at her with an expression that read disbelief, shock, hurt, and sadness. However, that expression in his eyes soon changed to madness. [Name] stood back up straight, and instantly turned away from Zuko. She sniffled and started to walk away, without sparing another glance towards Zuko, because she did not want him to see her tear-filled face. However, right after she took one step away from the raven-haired male, he grabbed her wrist, and pulled her back into him, turning her around so that she was facing him. [Name]'s eyes widened in surprise as her gleaming [E/C] eyes met his angry amber eyes. However, the surprise on her face soon morphed into an agonising one, because Zuko clutched her wrist tightly, and he grabbed her chin with a tight grip, inflicting pain on her. "You're not going to leave me," Zuko began, whispering darkly in her ear, his breath fanning it. This caused a shiver to run down her spine as the hair on the back of her neck stood up. "Not only do I rule over the Fire Nation, but also over it's citizens. That means for as long as you are here, I rule over you, which means that you will obey everything I say," Zuko hissed harshly, applying force on her chin. This caused the [H/C] female to whimper in pain, as she tried to pull away her chin from Zuko's grip. These actions of her were perceived as actions of defiance by the raven-haired male, which enraged him. "You will never leave me, and you will do everything I say,"Zuko hissed, before he forcefully pressed his lips against hers. [Name] grunted, and tried to push away from him, however fire enveloped Zuko's hand, with which he held her wrist, resulting in him burning it. [Name] screamed against Zuko's lips as tears welled up at the corner of her eyes. She tried to pull away from him once again. However, her reason for defying him this time was pain. This only resulted in her wrist getting more burnt, which caused her to scream more in pain. Zuko had taught her the consequences that would happen, if she defied him ever again.