Prologue

"You look terrible, Ryan." I laughed her obvious comment and shook my head. I know I look terrible.

"How else am I supposed to look? Brendon's getting married and now I've lost any chance I had at getting him back." Sam put a hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"You don't know that." She said. "Maybe he's just trying to make you jealous."

"Sam. He's getting married. He wouldn't marry someone just to piss me off." I walked over to the French doors that lead to the balcony and I stared outside at the sky. The stars were barely noticeable from the light pollution. "He fucking hates me." I said quietly.

"He doesn't hate you Ry. I know he doesn't." Her arms wrapped around my waist from behind and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Just stay positive."

Well that's not going to be easy.

"There's no point." Sam removed herself and I backed away from the doors and head to the stairs, running down them. "I have to go pick up Teagan." I grabbed my keys from the table next to the front door and walked out of the house and to my car.

I pulled out of the driveway and drove to Brendon's new house.

-

"Daddy!" My face lit up at the sight of my little girl and I held my arms open for her. Her little legs ran as fast as they could and she ran right into me.