c h a p t e r f i v e

I'm changing up the story from the part where Teagan says why she doesn't like Tyler.

---

"You look terrible, Ryan." I laughed at her obvious comment and shook my head. I know I look terrible.

"How else am I supposed to look? Brendon's getting married and now I've lost any chance I had at getting him back." Sam put a hand on my shoulder and sighed.

"You don't know that." She said. "Maybe he's just trying to make you jealous."

"Sam. He's getting married. He wouldn't marry someone just to piss me off." I walked over to the French doors that lead to the balcony and I stared outside at the sky. The stars were barely noticeable from the light pollution. "He fucking hates me." I said quietly.

"He doesn't hate you Ry. I know he doesn't." Her arms wrapped around my waist from behind and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Just stay positive."

Well that's not going to be easy.

"There's no point." Sam removed herself and I backed away from the doors and head to the stairs, running down them. "I have to go pick up Teagan." I grabbed my keys from the table next to the front door and walked out of the house and to my car.

I pulled out of the driveway and drove to Brendon's house.

-

"Daddy!" My face lit up at the sight of my little girl and I held my arms open for her. Her little legs ran as fast as they could and she ran right into me.

"I missed you." I said, kissing the top of her head.

"Missed you too daddy." She kissed my cheek and I smiled, walking up to where Brendon was standing on the porch.

"Hi." I said plainly. "Are her things packed? I have somewhere to be."

"Where?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Does it matter?" I furrowed my eyebrows right back at him.

"Well when you have my daughter, yes it does matter." I rolled my eyes.

"She's my daughter too, Brendon." He shrugged and looked down. "Could you grab her things please?"

"Yep." He went inside and came out a few minutes later with Teagan's bag, handing it to me. He held his arms out to her and she went to him. "I love you princess." He gave her a big hug and kissed her cheek.

"I love you too daddy." Brendon gave her back to me and stepped back.

"So if you're busy then why are you taking her?" He asked.

"I'd rather not say in front of her."

"Are you kidding?" I shook my head. "Are you going to fuck that new friend of yours? Sam is it?"

"Watch your mouth!" I tried to cover Teagan's ears but that didn't work too well. "And no, I'm not. She's just my friend. And I'm gay in case you forgot. What d'you care anyway?"

"You think I don't care about my child?"

"Why do you care what I do?" Brendon's expression softened a bit but he still looked pissed off.

"Because you have my - our daughter with you." I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "What?"

"Nothing Brendon."

"Hey," I looked up at the annoying voice that just happened to make itself known. "everything alright out here?"

"Everything's fine." Brendon smiled at him as he wrapped his arm around the waist I was so familiar with. "He was just leaving."