Chapter 2

It was once again that time of day, bedtime. Steven took longer that usual in the shower, brushing his teeth and hair, and changing into his pajamas.

It was Pearl's turn to put him in bed.

"Pearl, I don't want to sleep."

"Oh, Steven. You have to sleep so you have energy for tomorrow," said Pearl.

"But I'm too scared! What if I see Jasper again?"

"Steven," said Pearl, "If you do meet either of them again in your dreams, I trust that you'll know what to do." 

With that, she walked into her room in the temple.

It was almost an hour before Steven fell asleep. He was once again in the realm of Malachite. He saw Jasper and Lapis on the upper side of the fusion. 

"Stop it!" He yelled.

Neither of them turned their heads. They were still in chains and were struggling to pull the other back under.

"I will keep you here for all eternity, Jasper!" Said Lapis.

"Yeah right, Lazuli!" said Jasper.

"Lapis! Please stop!" Steven pushed her down.

"Steven!" Yelled Lapis. 

Lapis was pulled under with Steven. Just then, Steven's vision turned all white and he woke up.

"That was probably not the best plan," Steven said aloud to himself.

It was 10 am when Steven woke up. He decided to walk outside to contemplate his dream. But when he came outside, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were already outside. It looked like they were fighting the ocean... But of course, from his elevated view, Steven saw the wild hair of Malachite swaying under the water. Malachite's head rose up out of the water.

"Guys! Just fuse!" Shouted Steven.

They all face palmed and did a short little dance and Alexandrite was formed.

Alexandrite grabbed hold of Malachite's hair and pulled her out of the water. Malachite used the water again, but Jasper was too full of fury trying to take out the crystal gems that she didn't realize that Lapis once again had bound her in water chains.

Alexandrite punched Malachite in the face and jumped in the air and body slammed her. There was and explosion of water and light. Lapis and Jasper were forced to separate. Lapis and Jasper fell on the sand. Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were now unfused and awaited them to do something. Steven was too excited to see Lapis again and he ran down the stairs and onto the beach and lifted her nearly unconscious body into his arms and started pulling her into the house.

Jasper woke up and charged at Garnet with a spin dash. Garnet leaped into the air, summoned her Gauntlets, landed on the ground, and fired them at Jasper. Jasper crashed into a boulder and shook her head to recover. Garnet's gauntlets hit Jasper and, finally, she poofed. All that was left was her small, rhombus-shaped gem. Garnet super-sized her gauntlets and was about to crush Jasper's gem when Steven jumped in front of it and almost was crushed. Luckily for Steven, Garnet's lighting quick reflexes prevented her from crushing him.

"Just bubble it!" Said Steven.

Garnet bubbled Jasper's gem and they all turned toward Lapis.

"What do we do with her?" Pearl asked.

"Let's take her in the house!" Steven suggested.

They took Lapis into the house where she sat on the couch, purely exhausted.

When she woke up, she was greeted by three faces in her face.

"What're your intentions?" Asked Garnet with her gauntlets already summoned.

"Are you gonna hurt Steven or what?" Asked Amethyst with her whip.

"No!" Steven cried, "she's not gonna hurt us!"

"Is this true?" Asked Pearl gripping her spear.

Lapis only gave an exhausted nod.

"Steven, sit with her," said Garnet.

Meanwhile, far away from beach city, another gem known as Peridot was walking along a secluded beach. 

"Okay," she said, "Let's try this again, find Jasper."

Her screen finally picked up something. Jasper is in the residence of the crystal gems.

"Aha! I'm coming, Jasper!" Peridot said activating her helicopter fingers.