Chapter 5

Malachite didn't say anything. She just laughed maniacally while summoning the water hand from the ocean.

Steven whimpered. He was trying to process so many things right now.

Suddenly, and unbelievably, the water hand that Malachite summoned grabbed her wrist and turned into a chain. Soon, her other hand and her torso were bound in chains that were dragging her into the ocean.

"What?" Steven heard Jasper's voice, "What're you doing?"

"I'm done being everyone's prisoner. Now you're my prisoner, AND I'M NEVER LETTING YOU GO!"

All that was still above the surface of the water was Malachite's head.

"Lapis! Nooooooooo!" cried Steven.

"Steven! Don't worry," he looked up at Malachite and heard Lapis' voice this time, "I'll see you again."

She was finally pulled completely underwater.

There was a moment of silence. Steven fell to his knees and started sobbing quietly.

"Well, goodbye!"

The gems turned around to see Peridot activating her helicopter fingers.

Pearl threw her spear at the hovering Peridot and missed.

"Hey! Watch it!" Peridot shot a laser at Pearl.

Pearl gracefully dodged it.

"Nyeh heh hehe heh!" The gems heard Peridot's high-pitched laugh before she disappeared into the clouds.

Garnet looked down and saw Steven crying. She took a knee and started to comfort him.

"Steven. Don't cry. Lapis will come back one day, I'm sure of it."

Steven sniffed, "Okay. I'll believe you."

Steven's recurring dreams of Lapis stopped after that day. Steven managed to moved on with his life and enjoy every second with the people around him. Meanwhile, at the bottom of the ocean, a Malachite-colored monster sat. Inside that monster's mind, there was an orange gem and a blue gem struggling for control non-stop.

A/N: That's the end. Thank you for reading and sorry it was so short.