Chapter 4

"Peridot!" The crystal gems gasped.

All three of them summoned their weapons. Peridot charged another shot from her laser cannon. The three of them dodged the blast and dashed toward her.

Pearl threw her spear at Peridot and Jasper. Peridot pressed another button on the laser cannon and it created a force field.

"Aha!" laughed Peridot.

She managed to wake up Jasper and they both ran for the door, but Garnet was already outside.

"Out of my way, you double-clod!" Peridot yelled.

Garnet cracked her knuckles and dashed toward Peridot. Peridot shot a laser at Garnet but she dodged it and kicked the laser out of Peridot's levitating fingers.

The laser cannon flew across the beach and landed in front of Amethyst on the porch. She picked it up with a smirk. She pressed another button and it shot a white laser.

"Eep," Peridot squeaked and hid behind Jasper.

"What?" Jasper turned around and got beamed in the face by the white laser.

"Huh?" Jasper blinked in confusion, "Where are we?"

Lapis got an idea.

"Jasper," said Lapis, "We need to fuse to take down the crystal gems!"

Jasper forgot that Lapis had double-crossed her and dragged her into the ocean. Jasper thought about it for a second.

"Let's do it!"

"Lapis, no!" Steven cried.

"I know what she's doing," said Garnet.

Jasper dipped Lapis and they both glowed brightly. Once again, the teal monster emerged.

"Hahahaha!" Malachite laughed maniacally.