Chapter Five

Dumating na si Daddy mula sa business trip niya. It was held in Cebu. Iyon lang ang tinanong ko dahil hindi naman ako interesado sa business namin. My future will involve our company, that's why I'm choosing to focus on the present and not ponder on what hasn't happened yet.

I just bought a dress suited for a formal dinner. It was a red chiffon dress that exposed most of my back with an o-neck. It was sleeveless and designed with simplified yet elegant looking lace. Its length was decent, reaching a few inches above my knees.

It was around five in the afternoon when I headed to the mall to go to my usual salon for my hair and make up. Light lang naman at natural look ang gusto ko. I can do it myself but I also wanted to pamper myself.

Habang inaayusan ay inabala ko ang sarili sa phone. I checked my social networking sites. My mind couldn't help but wander to Grant. Kahapon ko pa ito ginagawa. Sa tuwing naiisip ko ang pag-alis niya ng walang paalam ay napapanguso na lang ako. 

I was making excuses for him. That maybe he got an urgent call. That maybe there'd been an emergency and he needed to go, that's why he left without saying goodbye. 

I tried hard to push him off my mind but whenever I'm not thinking about anything else, he finds a way to occupy my thoughts. Pinilit ko na hindi maging apektado sa kanya pero sa tuwing naiisip ko ang sakit na nakita ko sa mga mata niya ay hindi ko maiwasan na masaktan din.

I wonder if he has a facebook account...

I didn't know his surname, so I typed in his first name on the search box and I clicked the account with the most number of mutual friends. 

Grant De la Fuente. 

My heart skipped a beat.

Pinindot ko ang screen at lumabas ang isang account. Isang tingin pa lang ay alam ko na siya na iyon. His profile picture looked like a candid photo. He was sitting in a white chair completely topless and the shot was half body that I could only see the waistband of his board shorts. 

My mouth watered as I stared at his ripped figure. He had six freaking pack! His soul-piercing eyes were hidden by a wayfarer. He was looking somewhere, the photo showcasing the side of his face. Every inch of his face shouted perfection. From his nose, mouth, cheek bones, and jaw.

I tried swiping it but it's the only photo that I could open and it has more than a thousand likes and a few hundred comments. I closed his photo and checked his profile but there's nothing there. His account was private. Wala man lang kahit anong information at wall post. Kahit tag photos ay wala. I thought of adding him as a friend but that would make me look like an online stalker. I frowned and closed the application before tapping the add button.

I still ended up adding him though. I swiped the application close and decided to take a picture of myself through the mirror instead. I posted it on Instagram that was also connected to my other accounts.

I was already done with my hair and make up, nakapagpalit na rin ako ng dress ko. I looked at the full length mirror to check my reflection. My hair that usually falls inches below my shoulder was curled into perfection, its natural light chestnut brown color looked darker-making it more chestnut brown. My eyebrows were carefully shaped, may pagkakapal ang kilay ko kaya hirap ako ayusin iyon ng mag-isa. I think it's a curse while some says it's perfect. 

My eyelids were colored with a barely there metallic brown eye shadow, thickening my eyelashes with some mascara. It highlighted my eyes. May pagka-light ang shade ng itim na mga mata ko kaya madalas ay napagkakamalan iyong gray. Matangos ang ilong ko, iyon ang parte sa mukha ko na pinakakinaiingitan nila Rio. Ang mga labi ko naman ay manipis at natural na pinkish red kahit na walang lipstick pero ngayon ay may light pink na lipstick na inilagay doon.