Chapter Four

* Amy's POV *

Sapphire and I held onto Luescris as she sobbed. I myself was crying, as well as Sapphire. After a while, I look up at Sonic, who was staring at Lapuzs body sadly with bright eyes. I walked up to him slowly, concern bubbling inside me.

"She sacrificed herself," He mumbled after I reached him. "To save us. To make sure that we'd be safe."

I placed a hand on his gently.

He looked up at me slowly for a moment, then pushed passed me gently. I watched as he walked up to Sapphire and Luescris with Lapuzs' body bouncing gently in his arms. He cleared his throat to get their attention.

Luescris looked up at him, and a new volley of tears crawled off her face as she gave a yelp of grief.

Sonic held her out slowly, and Luescris scooped Lapuz out of his arms. "Oh Lapuz!!" She cried, dropping to her knees as she cradled the body in her arms. Her tears dripped on her still face. Then a melody formed from her mouth:

"Sleep well. Stay quiet. And dream.
Do not wonder. Do not fear.
For there is nothing to fear for.
There is nothing to fear for.

"Farewell. Goodnight. Forever.
Say your last respects.
Do not deny what she has done.
For the world, and more.

"Cry, and weep. Let it all sink through you.
For you lost a close one. A loved one.
Hear our cries ring through the night. Through the heavens.
And weep, for a loved one.

"Say goodbye. Say farewell.
Do not deny what she has done.
Sleep well. Stay peaceful.
For all eternity."

Fresh tears fell from my face as she finished, and I sniffed. Sonic pulled me into his arms and petted my head slowly. I cried into his shoulder, letting it all out.

I swore I thought I heard him give a small whimper of sorrow then.

~*~*~* ~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

* Sonics POV *

It was weeks after. I was now standing in the back of a funeral room, glancing around and crossing my arms. I had on a simple black jacket. Just so I could respect the funeral rules. I looked at the coffin of Lapuz, and a pang of sorrow hit me.

She was the one who saved us. The one who sacrificed herself for Amy and I. The younger one who shouldn't have died. Especially since she was so young.

She shouldnt've died. I thought.

I tore my eyes away to avoid tearing up, and closed them. But I could hear the sobs of other people. Luescris' was the most clear. This didn't help at all. I felt a tear crawl off my cheek, and quickly moved my hand to wipe it away. Her lasts words echoed in my head:

"I hope you get your speed back."

So. She wanted me to get my speed back. Determination filled me then, and I looked up at the young wolf.

"I'll find a way." I whispered, and held up a pinky. "I promise." I hooked it in mid air, as if she herself completed it. I actually thought I felt hers on mine. I gave a small smile.

The next hour was spent waiting and watching. Grieving and thinking about her. We all eventually walked out in the cemetery to watch her coffin descend into the ground. I held onto Amy as she continued to cry. Lapuz was finally put to rest. Far below the surface. People left after a few moments, sniffling and hugging onto eachother. I, along with Luescris, Amy, and Tails, stayed for a bit longer.

"I still don't understand." Tails mumbled. "Why? And how?"

I sighed. "Sometimes things don't work out the way you want it to."

Amy put her head on my shoulder for a moment, then walked away. The others followed her. I continued to stand there, hands in front pockets and staring at the stone.

Sleep well. I thought, then finally walked away.

(Some time later)

Amy and I sat on the roof of the house, staring at the stars above. I moved my thumb over the back of her hand slowly, enjoying her warmth.

"Do you have any ideas about your speed yet?" She then asked.

I sighed. "I don't think that we can get it back." I narrowed my eyes. "Eggbut and Faker number two took it all."

Her gaze met the side of my face. "Do you know that for sure?" She dropped her voice. "From what Lapuz said to you, I think that there is a way."

I tensed. The name of the wolf now hit me like a ball, creating a pit of grief. I closed my eyes. "Amy... Don't say her name. Please."

She rested a hand on my arm gently, and shifted her body closer to mine. "Well?" She whispered in my ear.

I opened my eyes and looked at her. Her eyes were filled with small tears.

"Isn't that what she wanted?" She asked. She lowered her face onto my chest, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Alright. I'll do it." I said. "For her and you."

Her body was now on top of me, providing more warmth.

She kissed my cheek gently. "Thank you Sonic." She mumbled, giving me a small smile.

I returned it. "No problem."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So that's the next chapter! Btw, that mini song is MINE!!! Noone steal! I apologize, for making it all sad and depressing. But that's what the author wanted me to do! She asked me to kill her off! Remember:
Luescris, song: Meh
Lapuz, Sapphire, plot: IGotThatSonic
Sonic characters: ©SEGA
Have a nice day!