Chapter Five

"Darn that hedgehog." Eggman growled as Cubot wrapped his arm up. "They're always getting in my way."

Orbot held up a finger. "Look at the bright side, sir. At least he doesn't have his speed anymore."

Eggman thought for a moment. "Even so, he still has those pests he calls friends." He held up his arm with the bandage. "Look what they did to me!"

"If you didn't kill that wolf girl, then that wouldn'tve happened." Orbot replied.

"That was a complete accident. I was aiming for the blue rat, not her." Eggman grumbled. "Besides, that was her fault. She's the one who was stupid enough to get in the way."

"Mabye if you didn't try to attack Sonic, she wouldnt've done that." Cubot said. "So it is kinda your fault."

Eggman bopped his head. "Quiet you. Noone asked you your opinion."

The doors opened and let Scourge in, who crossed his arms. "Am I the only one who wants to get this over with? I mean, seriously. We should get on with the plan. Not mending bruises."

Eggman sighed. "Patience. It'll all be taken care of soon." He jumped when Cubot pulled on the bandages' straps, and glared at him.

Cubot shrugged nervously. "Sorry boss."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
* Amy's POV *

"How come you never told us about that power?" Sapphire asked gently.

We were all in Luescris' room, which had blue and orange painted walls. A small TV sat on a dresser in the front of the room behind a mirror. The bed sat against a wall, covered with a navy blue and black blanket and pillow. A bean bag sat on the ground, and a small table and chair stood near the door. Luescris sat on the bed, sniffling and hiccuping. Tissues surrounded her.

"Well?" Sapphire asked.

She looked down. "I just t-thought that you'd... Be sc-scared of me and... And reject me. M-my powers are... Dangerous. I di-didn't want to... Hurt you..." Her bottom lip quivered. "And now... And now one o-of us is gone. That's b-been my worst fear. I... I.." She closed her eyes and gave a small whimper.

I placed a hand on hers. "Luescris, we're your friends. Why would we be scared of you?" I smiled. "I actually think it was pretty cool."

She looked up with surprise. "R-really?"

Sapphire grinned. "Yeah! I thought so, too! After... After you know what." Her smile dropped, and there was an moment of icy scilence.

I cleared my throat. "Anywho, we wouldn't reject you. No matter what you do. Because we're your friends, and will do anything we can to help you."

Luescris smiled, new tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

Sapphire got up and hugged her gently. "That's right, Lue. Nothing will ever brake us apart. Because we're more than friends. We're family."

Luescris hugged her back with a smile. "Thank you." She whispered.

Sapphire pulled back. "No problem."

I looked over at Sonic. He was quiet the whole morning, apparently lost in his own thoughts. He never responded to me properly, or looked at anyone. Or even talked. It was very irritating. And concerning.

"Hey Sonic!" I shouted.

He didn't respond... Again.

I puffed out my cheeks and walked up to him. I tapped his head. "Hey! Anyone home?!"

He blinked and looked up at me. "Huh?"

I narrowed my eyes. "About time."

His green eyes were filled with confusion. "Whaddya mean?"

"You're acting really weird! You didn't say anything or really payed attention to anyone!" I shouted. "What is going on with you?"

He blinked again, and his eyes seemed to darken a bit. "Oh. Yeah. My dream..."

I crossed my arms. "What about it?"

"Well... I'll just tell you this: I know how to get my speed back."

The room went quiet.

That's what he was thinking about. I thought. But why does he look... Sad?

"Oh." I finally mumbled. "How?"

He motioned for us to follow, and walked out the door. I looked at the others before following him, confused.

"Is it just me, or did he look sad about it?" Tails asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Wonder why."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
* Sonics POV *

It took me awhile to explain everything to Knuckles, the knucklebrain he is, and for him to finally let me borrow the Emeralds. They were now surrounding me in a circle.

"I still don't understand how you think this will work." Knuckles mumbled, crossing his arms.

"I don't think. I know." I corrected.

He glared at me.

"So," Tails started. "You're saying that you like... Dreamed about it or something?"

I nodded.

Amy walked up to me with a worried look. "But, you're ok right?"

I smiled. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

She looked down. "Well, you looked... Upset before we left. I just wanted to make sure."

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey. I'm alright. There was alot of things in my head. Nothing to worry about."

She looked up at me and gave a small smile. "Okay then." She stepped back.

I gave one more smile, then closed my eyes.

Alright Chaos. I thought. I need my speed back. Just in case Eggman comes back and hurts them... Hurts her. Please. Help me get it back.

Nothing happened.

I scowled in concentration. Chaos! Listen to me! I need you to help! This is something that everyone needs. Not just me!

A sudden burst of energy washed over me and I felt like the world sped up. After a moment or two, I opened my eyes. The others stared at me with concerned or curious looks.

"Did... Did it work?" Tails asked.

"Let me check." I answered, and ran down the stairs.

I ran around the stone structure, accelerating every two seconds. A boom sounded later. I grinned and stopped in front of the others. But they all stared past me, mouths hung open and eyes wide. I blinked and turned to what they were all staring at.

Standing where I was just standing, was Lapuz.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
DUN DUN DUUNN! That's right people! Lapuz is back, and here to stay! Awesome sauceyness!!
Lapuz, Sapphire, plot: IGotThatSonic
Luescris: Me
Sonic characters: ©SEGA