Chapter 7

the quote used later on is from the movie "Lost and Delirious" & the poem following was written by yours truly.

grab tissues babies, the drama is only starting.

Camila's POV

"Koda, boy. I'm going to need you to cooperate for like two seconds okay?"

The excitable canine was hopping around excitedly as I fed him treats on while I sat on the edge of the counter. I was trying to give him a little snack before Lauren and I headed out on our date tonight, but I didn't want his little claws on his paws to rip my dress. Sitting on the counter was a good idea up until he started to jump up into my lap.

"Are you ready babe?" Lauren called out to me as she exited my room, flipping her straightened hair onto one side of her shoulder.

Glancing up, I had forgotten all about giving Koda his treats. She was stunning. She head on an all black v-neck dress that stopped just above her mid-thigh, strapped sandals and black lipstick that made me salivate. How is this girl mine again? Looking down at Koda, I see that he had stopped and was staring at his lovely owner as well.

I knew she could captivate anyone with her beauty.

"Well," I take a breath as I hop off of the counter. "Whoever you're going out with is one lucky lady tonight." I smirk, placing my arms around her shoulders and looking into those hypnotizing forrest green eyes.

"I think I'm more lucky..." She smiles, grabbing my waist firmly. "...because she's all mine and no one else's." She whispers before placing a very passionate kiss on my lips, taking my breath away, like usual.

"Woo!" A voice, clearly Dinah's rings from behind us. "Looking hot guys." She winks, placing her arm around Normani as the girl walks out from behind her, sending a thumbs up in approval our way.

"Thanks guys." Lauren chuckles, gripping my waist with one hand as she turns to them. "You guys should be alright here, I suppose..." She wags a finger at them, smirking.

"Oh we'll be absolutely fine. I'm sure we can find something that will occupy us while our best friends are away...oh whatever will we do." Dinah whines playfully, receiving a smack to the abdomen from the girl beside her.

"Remember-"

"No unknown liquids on your walls again, I know." She winks, making me cringe intensely.

"Again?! Dinah Jane what did-"

"And we'll be going now." Lauren smiles a bit, leading me out of the apartment by my shoulders, grabbing her purse and mine along with her charger on the way out. "Behave horndogs!" She calls into the room before shutting the door behind her. "Now...I owe someone a spectacular date." She sighs happily.

"You do indeed." I smile, lacing our fingers together together as we walk down the stairs and to her car. I lay my head on her shoulder gleefully as we make our way towards her car only to be interrupted by her phone ringing inside her bag.

"Oh hold on, she releases my hand to search for the device before answering it. "Steven?" I make my way to the passenger door, ready to open it before hearing her next words. "No way, not right now." She stops at her door, furrowing her brows in frustration. "This is so last minute, and you know that I'm with Camila this week...yeah no-I know but, yes I'm definitely aware of that." She sighs, eyeing me for a moment and giving a weak smile. "Yeah...I'm on my way." She hangs up agitatedly.

"Camz-"

"Let me guess...work?" I sigh, only slightly pouting as she nods a bit and rubs at her forehead stressfully.