Save Yourself

THE NEXT DAY...

We wake up and search the boat to see what we can eat. We read one word that makes our mouths water, "Buffet". When we're done stuffing ourselves like a turkey on Thanksgiving, we head back to our room to rest.

"Do you know how much more time until we get there?" Andy asks me.

"I asked when we were over at the buffet, and someone said about a day," I reply.

"Alri-" he stops mid-sentence. The floor starts rumbling. We can barely stand as we run out of our room and onto the skydeck.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?" a lady frantically asks me, trying to keep her balance.

"LOOK, UP AHEAD!" a man shouts, while pointing east.

Everyone looks over and sees the most terrifying thing we've ever seen, a literal hole in the ocean. A sinkhole.

"EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!" someone yells.

People start taking out the lifeboats. When I see there are only 5, I realize I'm on my own with no way to save myself. I try to find Andy but there are so many people, all I can see are people running for their lives.

"FINN!!!" I hear. I turn around in hopes of seeing Andy, instead I see the lady who helped us aboard the ship.

"YOUR FRIEND IS TRAPPED DOWNSTAIRS BY A ROPE TIED TO HIS LEG, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I COULDN'T GET HIM OUT!!!" she exclaims loudly.

Ignoring her I start running as fast as I can to see where he is, but the movement of the ship isn't helping at all.

I hear a faint, "Finn!" I look to my side to see Andy and I go over to him as fast as my legs can take me.

"Andy, what happened!?" I ask, as I'm trying to untie his leg from the rope. As I'm doing so, I notice that there was a bandana covering his mouth, but he took it off within seconds of being trapped. That FBI training really does help you.

"Do you remember that lady that greeted us at the beginning of our trip?" he asks.

"Yeah, I remember her. She was the one who told me that you were trapped down here," I told him.

"That old lying little rat. She was the one who trapped me down here, who knows why," he answers.

"Oh," I say.