-two-

I'm back again. I know, how fast! I wouldn't get use to it if I were you though. My writing mojo may leave me as soon as I post this chapter. I think by writing this new fic, it may help me write ILAY. I don't know, I've been spending too much time on thinking about how to continue it that writing something new will help me breathe better. Haha. Well, I hope you enjoy! Please let me know what you think?

-absoLouis <3

--

"Why don't you come in, love? The clouds are settling and you know what that means." A voice called out across the garden of wilting flowers. The voice belonged to a young woman with sleek, black hair and eyes as soft as freshly fluffed, feather-down pillows. She leaned against the door frame of the backdoor, hands smoothing out her purple and white, hand knit Christmas sweater.

"I can't, Ann!" the young girl replied, rocking back and forth idly on her swing. Ashlee stared at the moon, watching it creep behind the clouds almost shyly, trying to win a nonexistent staring contest. She tugged her maroon winter coat closer to her body as the wind picked up more force, lightly slapping her braided pig tails against her face. Ann huffed, whirling around to check on her Shepard's Pie but crashed into another of her younger sisters instead.

"She still out there?" Marie asked, peaking around her oldest sister's waist, her straight fringe bustling about when they came in contact with the cold breeze. Ann brushed the younger girl's fringe down but it was no use because of the wind.

"Yeah. Who's Leelee waiting for?" Ann asked, glancing back out to the swings. She felt a tug on her sleeve and looked down to meet eyes with her sister, who had a devious smile on her lips. Marie motioned for Ann to drop to her level and she did. Marie cupped her hand beside her lips and leaned in towards her sister's ear.

"She says his name is Niall." Marie whispered and Ann straightened her posture, eyes narrowing back at the little girl on the swings.

"We'll call her back in for dinner." Ann said, lightly pushing her sister from behind her and closing the door behind them.

--

"Ashlee~" a voice sang from behind the girl. It sounded like it was coming from the garden. Ashlee turned her head in the direction she heard the voice and nearly fell out of her seat on the swing, but her steady hold on the chains kept her balanced. Her eyes glistened, glimmering with wetness as they coated her eyes. "Don't cry, princess." the low voice whispered.

Behind the tall stalks of sunflowers and bushes of roses, a male figure appeared. His blue eyes gleamed as he stepped out of from the shadows of the flowers. He had bleach blond hair yet an inch of his brown roots were showing. The hem of his slightly too big, blue jumper swayed with the wind as did the skirt of the little girl's dress. "I've been sitting here for hours." she whined playfully, hopping off the swing. Her little feet padded against the gravel beneath the swing set as she set off in a run into his now opened arms.

"Now who let you wait here for hours?" He smiled, hugging the little frame closer to his body. "Did you miss me?"

"I always miss you." She said, placing a light kiss on his cheek. She petted at his cheek before leaning back a bit, wonder coloring her irises. His eyes brightened at her gesture, glowing brighter than any source of light, brighter than the moon and sun themselves. "How old are you this time, Niall?"