11. A Scolding From Dr.Flynn

"Shit,shit,shit" Ana ran around her room as she pulled on some fresh clothes and trying to be quick as possible. She slept through her alarm and a hangover was beginning to set in. She took some Advil and water before she left and called a cab to take her to Dr Flynn's. She called Christian to tell him she slept in and he was slightly pissed. He didn't say much but huffed and said that they would wait before starting their session.

She arrived half an hour late to find Christian sitting oddly calm with Dr Flynn who was holding Teddy in his arms grinning down at him. They didn't even notice her come in. "So sorry" Christian glanced up at her and just grinned at Dr Flynn and his son "He seems to like you John"

"Yeah it has to be the charm" Christian burst out laughing "John it's anything but that" Ana watched as they had some light hearted jokes at one another "So Ana nice of you to finally join us" Dr Flynn placed Teddy gently back into his car seat and strapped him in. He gave him a toy car off his desk to try keep him quiet for the session.

"So Christian, Ana. It's been a while since I had the both of you here with me. So as I understand a lot has went on between the both of you since the marriage and then Teddy's arrival?"

"You could say that" Ana answered as she took a seat on the sofa near Christian

"Christian?" Dr Flynn waited for him to elaborate

"John you already know so don-"

"Christian look I am not taking sides in this but I need to hear it from your mouth and Ana needs to hear what you told me and then I will here her side of the story okay?"

"Fine" he huffed "After the marriage I thought we were doing fine and Ana you said we were so I believed it. I didn't have to worry so much then with what happened with Leila and Elena I was constantly worried 24/7. I was trying to protect you" he swallowed before he began to speak again "When you told me you were pregnant I was pissed, I shouldn't have been but I was. I was scared too Ana I was scared I'd become a dead beat like my own father. I never knew him and the only father I knew was Carrick and he was nothing but nice to me but he wasn't blood related. I was afraid that I would have that dead beat running through my veins and that I wouldn't be able to cope. I told you to leave because I was scared"

"Alright Christian I have heard a bit or your side of the story. Ana would you mind telling me how you felt that day" John looked to Christian who looked a nervous wreck recalling that day and the events it held.

"Well what he said about the marriage was true, it was going great. I knew he was scared of what could happen me after Leila and everything else but getting pregnant was not first on my priority list. I was scared how he'd react and I knew he was scared he would turn out like his biological father but he didn't give me a chance to take everything in. I had only found out 3 hours I was pregnant before I told him and then the row, he asked me to leave" she held back her tears but they began to make their way down her face. John grabbed a tissue and passed it to her "Ana I'm sorry I am upsetting you but I need you to continue. Christian and I need to her your side."

"No we don't" Christian shot back defensively

"Christian please" Ana begged

"It's upsetting her" Christian growled at Dr Flynn

"Christian stop it I am fine" she placed her hand on his arm and as if by magic he calmed himself

"Thank you Ana. Now what did you do when you left"

"I went to my old apartment. I didn't unpack or anything for days. I just cried all the time, day in day out. I couldn't believe he threw me out because of a pregnancy. I was angry, sad,depressed. I felt alone. Hell my dad soon found out and was going to beat him up for it. I had to beg and plead with him not too. My dad isn't a violent man but he was really angry that day. He trusted you when he allowed you to marry me" she turned to Christian tears streaming down her face "He was so mad. I.. I.. I'm sorry I can't tell you any more"

"That's okay Ana. I needed to hear something from your point of view. Look I will book you both in for another appointment soon maybe next week if that would suit you both ?"

Ana nodded and Christian mumbled "Yes"

"Right off the record. You both need to keep coming and talking if you are ever going to get together. Look I seen you both when you first met Christian, Ana, You loved him and never stopped trying to get him to open up and he did and I know you still love him now despite what has been going on. The both of you need to try harder because you have this little fella here." he turned to Teddy who was sitting in his car seat smiling at his parents "Use him as a common goal to work towards repairing your relationship. These joint custody things are messy and horrible to put a child through, even though he is just a baby he will begin to understand as he gets older. Just keep that in mind both of you" Ana sat listening and glanced to Christian whose mouth nearly dropped at the forwardness of Dr Flynn

"Are we both happy with the decision to come next week?" Dr Flynn asked again and acted as if he never said anything. "Yes" they said

"Well today's session is just over. See you both next week" Ana smiled politely and Christian just got up and took Teddy. "Ana" John called her back "Just give him a chance. I know he's hard work I have been his psychiatrist for a few years now but you have been around less than me and you have managed to get past barriers no one could before"

"I know John, I know" she sighed

"Sorry if I was harsh with the both of you"

"It's okay I have had a scolding far worse anyway" she smiled at him before leaving "Bye John"

"What took you so long?" Christian asked as he waited in the reception area

"Nothing I just had to ask him something"

"About wha-"

"It's private"

"Fine" he huffed again as they began walking out onto the street and towards his car.

"Christian will you stop acting like a petulant child"

"Sorry" he looked down "I don't like it when you cry like that and John pissed me off today" he grunted

"Well people will from time to time like maybe you piss him off and you don't know it" Christian smirked and Ana smiled as she caught sight of the time "Ugh I'm late now"

"Where are you going? And late for what?" Christian asked

"I'm supposed to on the way to the airport. Jose is flying in, well his flight will be here in about two hours"

"Why is he coming?"

"He's my friend and he can visit when he likes" Ana could see the jealousy radiating off him "Plus I am going to have to try get a ride because my car is being serviced today"

"I'll give you one" he smirked at Ana

"Christian" she scolded him but laughed as the tension between them eased.

"Ah here he is" Christian heard Ana say as she spotted Jose. She hugged him and whispered "Show time" Jose laughed as the walked towards Christian wrapped in each other's embraces holding back giggles.

Ana looked him dead in the eye "Christian, we have something to tell you"