Monday

This fanfictions original author is found on fanfiction.net, Demon's Requiem. Full credit goes to them- enjoy the story♡
~●~

If you're male, liking someone would imply looking at her face first, followed by her chest, and then maybe finally, her legs. Personality isn't a factor-after all, isn't everything skin-deep?

What else is there to love?

~●~

Uzumaki Naruto sighed, eyes fixed on the sky outside the window.

His teacher was currently droning on about some math formula or the other, but he could care less. School was extremely tedious; each day was the same, drifting by slowly and carelessly with no changes whatsoever. Sometimes he wondered why he even bothered to come to school.

A movement from outside distracted him, and he glanced down to see two girls, on ground-level, waving up in his direction. Confused, he glanced around him to see if perhaps they were waving at someone else; spotting nobody, he turned back to the second-story window and gave a little, hesitant wave back.

Instantly, both girls flushed and turned to each other. Even with the window muting the noise from outside, Naruto could distinctly imagine the squeals and'kyaa's the younger girls were so fond of. He sighed again and shifted away from the window, dropping his cheek into his palm.

It was human nature, after all, to judge by appearance. It wasn't just males who were superficial and focused on the exterior. No one bothered about things they couldn't see-like the heart.

In the end, he thought, those girls don't like 'me' as a person. Rather, it's all about my face.

Oh well.

He yawned then, somewhat loudly, without bothering to cover his mouth as the teacher dismissed them for their next period. In an instant, something whacked him hard across the back of his head.

Naruto winced and glared balefully up at his attacker. "Ow! Jeez, what do you want, Ino? Why'd you hit me?"

"Naruto..." Ino arched an eyebrow, arms crossed.

Yamanaka Ino was one of his closest friends in the school, and despite being somewhat rude and abusive (especially to Naruto; she never stopped nagging at him) he knew that it was just because she cared about him.

"Did you hit me with your fist just now? You did, didn't you? How scary." Naruto feigned shock; but this time, there was a hint of a smile in his voice, and Ino merely shook her head in exasperation.

"

It's because you do unrefined things-like yawning out loud-with that good-looking face of yours that the girls you're with always dump you in a flash, you know? It's about time you got conscious of things like that and did something about them." She looked slightly reproachful, and Naruto felt a twinge of mutiny.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled, laying his head on his desk. "I get it."

"You never listen to advice when it's given to you." Ino sighed, leaning against his desk. "If you go on like that, your current girlfriend's going to fall out of love with you pretty soon. Maybe even today."

Naruto glanced up then and smirked. "Thanks for your concern... but I already got dumped."

Ino was quiet for a moment. He didn't meet her gaze. "...When?"