Tuesday P.M

Part two of the last chapter!
Enjoy~

~●~

The train clacked along the tracks, familiar in its soothing rhythm and rocking motions.

Naruto was stretched out on the seat beside Sasuke's, yawning. Then something occurred to him, and he abruptly sat up straight. "That's right! This morning, even though you were late as usual, you were still really good at club practice. You should go more, honestly." Sasuke blinked at him, but Naruto didn't seem to notice. Instead, he asked, "Isn't your house at this stop?"

"Yes."

Sasuke gave no signal to move. Naruto frowned. "Really? So how come you're still sitting here?"

"I'll come with you to East Konoha."

"Why?" asked Naruto, tilting his head.

"So I can be with you a bit longer." And Sasuke smiled that small, little smile of his; the one that always mesmerized Naruto, and now was no different.

After a few minutes of silence, broken only by the steady clack of the train, Naruto said, "Hey, can...can I ask you something?" He fidgeted on his seat when Sasuke merely looked at him, and laughed nervously, bringing up his hand to rub the back of his head. "A-are we... um... supposed to be dating right now?"

Instantly, Sasuke replied, "Of course."

Naruto nodded seriously, rubbing his chin. "I see..." There was another beat of silence; then Naruto grinned. "I guess I'll do my best to enjoy it."

"Uh, Naruto..." Sasuke started.

"We are approaching Jinchuuriki Station. Please exit to your right," intoned the pleasant, female train announcer.

"Let's go!" Naruto stood.

"Huh? But this is just Jinchuuriki..." Sasuke glanced out the window, and by the time he looked back, Naruto was already disappearing off the train. "Naruto?"

~●~

Sasuke had to run through the crowds to catch up with Naruto, nearly stumbling into people several times along the way.

Finally, he was close enough to reach out and grab Naruto's jacket. "Naruto! Yesterday, you..."

Naruto turned slightly and smirked, blue eyes inscrutable. "Let's go on a date, Sasuke."

And strangely enough, something in Sasuke's chest gave a little thump; so quiet, it was almost lost in the thrum of the station, but still coherent enough for him to recognize the absurdity of the sensation.

Huh...?

"Because," Naruto was saying, still with that wide grin on his face, "it's already Tuesday! One week will go by in a flash. I have to use my time wisely, you know."

Sasuke couldn't help but turn his gaze downward, slightly frustrated. I knew it... Even though the limit is one week... "It's not like that."

Naruto cocked his head. "Hm? No way, isn't a date part of your standard itinerary?"

"Standard?" Sasuke frowned, and his tone darkened. "There is no standard."

Because this isn't a game.

Nauto seemed oblivious to his souring mood. "Good! Hey, let's go eat. I'm starving." His voice was just as cheerful as ever. "You know, I'm totally craving ramen."