SIX ; Mountain Ash

School was on the next day, the day of the plan.

Once school was over. Stiles and Scott headed straight to the animal clinic, where Deaton awaited with Fay.

"Ketamine?" Scott asks his boss.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." He tells Scott and then looks at Stiles holding a bottle of Mountain ash "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you."

"Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure - filled task for me?" Stiles stutters, he was feeling the anxiety filled him rise up.

"It's from the Mountain ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble." Deaton explains.

"Okay, so then what? I just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles questions.

"They'll be trapped." Deaton exclaims.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Scott tries to comfort his friend who is slightly freaking out.

"Not all there is. Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles." Deaton explained to the boy with shaved hair.

"If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that." Deaton laughed at stiles sarcasm.

"Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will." Stiles breathes out.

"If ... If this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe." But all Deaton got for a reply was. "Mm... Hmm."

"I think you should be fine, anyways you'll have a friend with you when you do it." The vet reinsures the teen.

"and who might that be?" Stiles requests off of him.

"Shadow." Was the reply he got, but he was confused. Scott stood there completely forgetting that he was suppose to tell Stiles that she was here and she had gotten a name. Deaton just smiles and gos to open a door of a room. When he does a flash of grey was seen and Stiles found himself on the floor.

"Wow!" Stiles lightly yells when he gets knocked down but to see that it was the wolf from the forest, the one they left at Derek's.

"Ah, hey to you too." He pets the top of her head.

"She got a name too, it's Shadow now." Scott tells his best friend.

"I like it. It suits her." He says back. Fay was very glad to see him, he was the first human that she encountered in Beacon Hills.

"Well now that's sorted, good luck."

...........................................................

Stiles and Scott probably succeeded better than Derek and Isaac when putting Fay in the Camaro, as a Jeep is way bigger. Dropping Scott of to his house, stiles headed home so he could get ready.

"Now where am I going to hide you?" Stiles asks Shadow, obviously he wouldn't get a response but its better than doing nothing. It was already turning dark, so by the time he got dressed they would leave straight away.