Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

"I've never seen you around here before," he told me in a questioning voice. I could tell he was looking at me but I was looking away.

This man was kind but too curious, he kept asking questions I didn't know how to answer. The only thing I was able to answer was my name.

"Melisande," I told him, still not looking at him. My entire face was warm, I was dancing with a stranger.

"Interesting name, I've never heard it before," he told me and I stayed quite. What could I say?

"It's foreign," I whispered, looking down, not knowing if he able to hear me or not.

"It's a lovely name," he whispered back, making my face go warmer. Where's Micheal? Where's Anya?

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked, we somehow have danced our way to the far corner of the room, leaving us almost in private.

I managed to look up at him and meet his green eyes. I felt my face go warm again and looked back quickly down, admiring the marble floor.

"No," I lied. He noticed.

"I'd like to get to know you," he says and I managed to look up at him again, this time without breaking contact.

"So maybe you wouldn't feel so uncomfortable," he smiled, it was a warm welcoming smile. It strangely made my heart flutter.

I looked back down to the floor, "alright,"

I knew he was smiling, I didn't have to look at him.

Suddenly he stopped dancing and I looked at him, he was smiling.

"Let's take a walk, shall we?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, writing in mobile. No grammar or spell check.

Don't be afraid to vote guys! (unless I suck, then you don't have to do anything).

Have a nice day! :)