Memories and Feelings.

I'm 17 now and I'm standing at my parent's grave. It's been 10 years since the accident that took them both from me.

I'm Daughtry Greene by the way. My aunt Stacey took over my parent's parental duties when they died and she's the type of person that doesn't like to be called 'aunty'. She says it makes her feel old. So I just call her Stacey.

I'm happy for my parents,I'm happy they're gone. Not in the way you're thinking no, I'm happy that they're in a better place. But I'm sad, I only knew them for 7 years and correct me if I'm wrong but that's not very long.

I gently wipe the dust from their tombstones and place the bouquet of Misty Lillies in the centre of the grave.
They were my mom's favourite flowers. She loved how ghostly white and see-through they looked. I used to see these flowers everywhere and it would make me smile while thinking of my mom. Now looking at these flowers I just want to cry. Too many memories come back just looking at them.

I feel the faint pitter patter of rain starting to fall and turn to walk towards Stacey's car. "Daughtry! Hurry up dear! It's raining and you are not getting in this car if you are wet!" Wow, way to be sensitive Stacey.

"Sorry," I mumble climbing into her black Nissan,feeling warmth surround me. "It's ok, where do you wanna go have lunch? It's cold weather so I was thinking hot cocoa at StarBucks?" My mopy expression turns into a small smile, Stacey knows just how to cheer me up.