♥ Chapter 14 ♥

• Kaci •

"What's the deal with you and Justin?" Gabby questions the minute I sit down at our lunch table.

I purse my lips and dipping a French fry into my puddle of ketchup. "There's nothing going on with me and Justin."

Gabby raises an eyebrow. "You ran out after him in English class and never came back until after the period ended. Something happened. What?"

"Nothing happened, Gab." I tell her, shoving my French fry in my mouth.

"Something definitely happened." Sydney appears, sliding in beside Gabby. "He got to you, didn't he? You fell for him?"

I stifle a laugh, almost choking on my French fry. "You have got to be kidding me. I wouldn't fall for Justin if he were the last guy on Earth."

Gabby and Sydney both throw me a then-what's-the-deal look.

I prop my elbow up on the table, sighing. "He's friends with my brother," I say, thinking up of a random excuse. "Meaning I'm stuck with him at my house whenever my brother invites him over. We've become friends, kinda."

Sydney smirks, not fully believing me. "Friends? A girl is never 'just friends' with Justin Bieber."

"I said kinda."

"Kinda my ass." Sydney mumbles, taking a bite of her own French fry.

"Prom is less than two months away." Gabby butts in. "You think you can survive the Bieber til' then?"

I roll my eyes. "I can survive him for the rest of my life."

• Justin •

"...It's time to move on even though I'm not ready. I've got to be strong and trust where you're heading. Even though it's not easy. Right now the right kind of love is the love that let's go..."

"Someone's into Miley Cyrus."

I stop strumming my guitar and look up, wiping my tears with the back of my hand and letting a small smile form on my lips.

"I'm not a fan. It just seemed like a good song at the moment." I place my guitar aside and raise an eyebrow. "What are you doing here anyways, Kaci?"

"Wanted to see how you were doing." She smiles, walking over to take a seat by me.

I sigh, looking down at nothing in particular. "It's hard. I miss him. I didn't even get to say goodbye." I swallow back tears, not wanting to break down in front of her again.

"It's never to late to say goodbye." She whispers, placing her hand on my shoulder. "He'll always be here for you."

I look up at her, flashing her a smile and searching her blue eyes. "I still don't get why you care."

Kaci sighs, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. "I just do, Justin. Please don't make this any harder than it already is."

"What's so hard?"

Kaci opens her mouth and closes it again, running a hand through her hair taking a deep breath. "You know what's so hard? Everything. It's hard for me to sit here and talk to you and fight back the urge to kiss you because I really don't know why I want to kiss you. I just do. I don't know what it is that just draws me to you and, heck, I shouldn't like you in the first place because I hate you-" She groans and keeps going. "That didn't make any sense. Gosh, what I'm trying to say is that I shouldn't be here right now. I shouldn't be caring about you but I do. And I shouldn't be wanting to kiss you, but that's all I can think about. You're a player and I'm not like other girls, yet-"

I cut her off, grabbing her face and crushing her lips with mine, shutting her up. My god, she talked to much.

I kissed her roughly, pulling her closer and trying to forget everything negative that had occurred today.

When we break apart, we're both breathless.

"If you wanted to kiss me, just say so." I joke, throwing her a lopsided smile.

Kaci smirks. "Don't joke, Bieber."

I chuckle. "So what does this mean? Are we-"

"We're nothing." Kaci blurts. "But friends."

"Friends?"

"Friends." She confirms.

"So, since we're friends," I lean in closer to her. "Can I still do this?" I slide my beside her neck and her pull her closer to me, giving her a slow kiss on the lips.

Kaci smiles, resting her forehead against mine. "Looks like this is going to be more of a 'friends with benefits' thing, huh?"

"Looks like it." I grin.

Kaci snorts. "I still kinda hate you though."

"I'm ok with that."

She chuckles and leans in, giving me another kiss before standing up. "I've got to go. Will I see you at school tomorrow?"

"No promises."

Kaci sighs, giving me a sad look. "Don't let this loss get in the way of everything else. Live your life, Justin. He would want you too."

I half-smile. "Thanks, Kace."

"Anytime, Justin." She flashes me another smile before disappearing, leaving me alone in my room.

I'm grinning like a fool now, no longer able to cry. What is this girl doing to me?

• Kaci •

"I'm home!" I call the minute I step through my house doors. My brother looks up at me from the couch, a curious look in his eyes.

"Where were you?" He questions as I walk over and flop down on the couch beside him.

"None of your business, Mom." I say sarcastically. "What are you watching?"

"Vampire Diaries-" He stops. "Wait, don't change the subject."

I chuckle, kicking off my shoes and propping my feet up on the couch. "Damon is one sexy ass vampire."

"For the love of god, Kaci, answer my question." Jake snaps, getting annoyed.

"I did," I point out. "I said it was none of your business."

"How did you get home? How did you leave school?" Jake interrogates me.

I groan, flashing him a glare. "I walked. It wasn't that long."

"If took you long. Where did you go?"

"Places."

"Kaci." Jake frowns. "Stop lying."

"I'm not lying."

"You are-"

"I'm going up to my room." I stand up, blocking the view to the television. "Can you just stay out of my business for once?"

"I know something's up." He calls after me but ignore him, making my way up the stairs.

My life was becoming twice as complicated. I was starting to wish we had never moved to Atlanta. That way I would never have met Justin and I would never start questioning my feelings for a guy.

But it's too late for that now.

_________________________________

Author's Note: Sorry for the late upload. Been kinda busy. Also, this wasnt the best chapter. Don't think this story is turning into one of those 'friends with benefits' stories. Its not. Just wait and see what's going to happen(; I think im done with the points thing...hm... anywho, who do u like more? Justin or Kaci? (;COMMENT VOTE FAN! xx