♥ Chapter 22 ♥

• Justin •

I stood by my locker, scanning the halls and searching for any sign of Kaci. I haven't seen her all morning and I'm started to worry that maybe she hadn't come to school.

My assumptions were proven correct when Ryan appears by my locker. "If you're looking for Kaci," He says. "She stayed home."

I heave a sigh. "How do you know?"

"Sydney." He informs me in a 'duh' voice. "So what's with the sad face?" Ryan questions, referring to the look I've been wearing all day.

I glance around the halls to make sure no one was within earshot before telling Ryan everything that had went on. "Kaci and I had sex." I whisper.

Ryan's eyes widen in surprise but then a grin spread across his face. He begins to congratulate me when I cut him off.

"You don't get it." I snap. "I like Kaci. I lot. But Gabby convinced her that I was just playing her and she even had me convinced that Kaci was playing ME." I shake my head. "I'm so stupid. Now Kaci hates me and Gabby is just walking around like she did nothing to mess up our lives."

A sympathetic look falls onto Ryan's face. "That sucks, Bro. I always knew Gabby was a bitch. What does Chaz see in her anyway?"

I shrug. "Beats me."

Ryan smirks. "Probably the same thing you saw in her one year ago."

I frown. "That was a mistake."

"You told me you loved her."

"I was naive."

"Sure you were." Ryan rolls his eyes. "Anyways, I'll talk to Sydney and tell her to talk to Kaci."

"Thanks, Man." I heave a sigh of relief.

"Who are you taking to prom tomorrow?" Ryan asks as we begin to walk towards the gym for physical education.

I run a hand through my hair. "I guess I'm going to stag unless Kaci forgives me."

• Gabby •

I tried not to breath too loudly as Justin and Ryan's footsteps disappear down the hall. I've been listening in on their conversations by standing quietly in the adjacent hall.

I can't let Kaci find out the truth. She'll hate me for sure.

Chaz would hate me too.

Not to mention that Justin already does.

Things are beginning to spiral out of control.

• Kaci •

"I don't get why you dragged me dress shopping. I already told you I'm ditching prom."

Sydney shoots me a threatening glare. "If you miss prom, I promise you won't live to see another gleam of daylight."

I cross my arms, frowning. "Violent much?"

Sydney sighs, mimicking me by crossing her arms as well. "Don't you get it, Kaci? This is the only prom you'll ever have. You can't miss your only prom."

"I don't even have a date." I fuss as Sydney drags me into some fancy, expensive-looking dress store. I try to keep my thoughts from floating to Justin at the mention of a date. He was the last person I wanted to see, much less think about.

Sydney throws her hands up in frustration. "It isn't about a date! But I do know someone that's dying to go with you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Who?"

Sydney pokes my shoulder with her index finger. "You'll find out tomorrow night."

"But-"

"No buts!" She cuts me off. "Now let's dig and find the perfect dress. Again, it is our only prom after all."

I chuckle and we both begin to look through the endless racks of dresses. "What was that you wanted to tell me anyways? You told me you had something important to tell me when you picked me up."

Sydney purses her lips and I can tell she isn't exactly comfortable with what she's about to tell me. "It's...about Gabby." She says at last. "And Justin."

My stomach churns at the mention of his name. "What about them?"

Sydney heaves a sigh before diving right in and explaining everything. I hung on to every word, trying to keep tears from gathering in my eyes.

So it was Gabby all along? She lied to both Justin and I? Justin was never playing me. He....likes me. He really, honestly likes me.

"Sydney," I manage to say once she's done telling me the story. "Is Justin the guy you said wanted to go to prom with me?"

A smile creeps on Sydney's lips. "I knew you would figure it out."

I smile as well and tuck a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. "I guess I was about him." I mumble to myself:

"Oh, these are beautiful!" Sysney exclaims suddenly and drapes two different gowns over my shoulder. "You must try those on." She orders.

I would argue, but it would be no use. I'd end up trying on the dresses anyways.

And that's exactly what happened.

As we tried on more dresses, I realize that my mood has changed since Sydney revealed the truth to me.

I'm suddenly eager for prom to arrive.

I owed Justin an apology.

____________________

Author's Note: I didn't proof read as usual and this chapter was short and not mug exciting. It's kinda a filler between chapters 21 and 23. Chapter 23 is going to be greàt though(; I'm excited. Comment Vote Fan! Also, check out my new story Stay Forever if you're into a little paranormal romance (; xx