♥ Chapter 23 ♥

• Kaci •

I shoved all my school books into my locker before slamming it shut. Justin hadn't come to school today which me wonder why. I needed to apologize to him. Guilt was eating my alive for even doubting him.

Prom was tonight. I knew for a fact that I would see him there. It made me look forward to prom even more. I smile to myself at the thought of Justin in a tuxedo.

Then I imagine him without the tuxedo...

I shake my head and roll my eyes at myself. I'm not a pervert. I guess Justin just does things to me.

"Heyyyy!! Who are you going to prom with?" A familiar voice says, interrupting my thoughts.

I clench my fists and turn around, resisting the urge to slap her here and now. "What you really that stupid to talk to be after what you did?" I snap, anger building up inside me.

Gabby tilts her head, a look of mock confusion on her face. "Dear Kaci, what would I ever do to hurt you?"

I scowl. "Why did you lie to me?! Why did you lie to Justin?! He never played me and I never played him! What we have is real."

Gabby lets out a fake laugh. "Real? Puh-lease. He only wanted to get inside your pants. I don't know who told you otherwise. Sydney? Ryan? Justin?" She laughs again. "They lied."

I grit my teeth. "No, they didn't. You did! You're the liar!"

Gabby rolls her eyes. "We'll see about that." She leans in close so the her breath sent chills down my spine. "Justin and I have a thing. We have history. Don't blame me if he wants me back."

"He doesn't want you." I inform my former best friend. "He never wanted you."

Gabby smirks. "Who told you that? Justin?" She shakes her head. "You are so naive." With those final words, Gabby struts away, leaving me in the emptiness of the hallway.

She's not a threat to me, I assure myself. She's liar. A filthy, dirty whore. That's it.

There's nothing to worry about.

But a feeling deep down told me differently.

• Justin •

"You look fine, Bro." Ryan assures me. "And stop fixing your tie."

I sigh, letting go of my red tie and flopping down on my bed. "Do you think she'll forgive me? Kaci, I mean."

Ryan sighs too, probably because he's getting tired of me bringing up the topic. "Yes. Stop worrying, Dude. Worry give you wrinkles."

I roll my eyes and shove him. He chuckles and sits back up straight.

"So..." Ryan shifts awkwardly. "Is she good in bed?"

I stare back at him, a frown forming on my lips.

"What?" Ryan questions.

I shove him again, this time hard enough so that he slips off my bed and falls onto the floor.

I smile to myself and rub my hands together, feeling successful.

• Kaci •

"Do you think this is too much?" I ask my brother as I motion down to my prom dress. It was a red gown that fell down to my ankles. Most of my back was revealed and my hair was let loose in blonde ringlets. My eyes were framed with dark eyeliner and I had a slight blush to my cheeks.

Prom was only thirty minutes away.

Jane stares at me for a second, probably deciding on what to say. Eventually he says: "You look hot."