Chapter Two

(Troni, Vishna System)

"Did you realise that every Earth colony has Vishnan slaves to do their dirty work?"

Premier Tev Nesa looked down at the small, white headed figure in front of him; her hand was clutching his arm, seeking his attention. He frowned, "And what in Vishna's name makes you think that is something I want to hear?" he asked, almost angrily. He tried to walk on past her, he had far more important things to do than listen to the obvious.

"But if you look at it another way," she continued, not letting go, "We now have our people inserted into every one of their bases."

Tev Nesa came to a sudden halt, his attention caught. "Come into my office," he directed. "Tell me more."

Vishna was a tertiary star system, that meant it had three suns. The two orange dwarfs Bi Xiu and Ca Xiu were in close orbit and supported most of the thirteen planets between them. The third, Xui, a red dwarf, was a distant third in the partnership, orbiting on the outskirts of the system, only a single planet in tow.

Usually the least desired place of residence in the system, after all not many people wanted to live underground the whole time, Troni had come into its own after the humans attacked. It was distant and small enough not to attract their immediate attention and now the humans had their hands full dealing with the twelve central planets. They thought they would deal with Troni later. Their mistake, Nesa smiled, grimly.

For Troni was the centre of the Vishnan resistance, the scientific part that is. The military front was still on Irra and the other central planets, fighting for every inch of ground.

The military was doing the best it could, but their weapons were no match for those of the humans. For centuries, the Vishnans had prided themselves on their technology, technology which they had used for engineering and public infrastructure projects, communications, not for developing individual, transportable weapons like the humans. Now it was time for their scientists to come up with a solution, or at least, something to give their fighters the edge. To date though, there had been lots of theorising but little concrete result.

And now, here was one of their oldest, most respected scientists in front of him. Was it possible she had something practical to suggest, or only more theory?

"What do you have for me, Ula Tesz?"