2

Landon's POV

I watch as the maid grabs what I hold dear and brings her inside to the safety of the warm mansion. I know I made a good choice. She doesn't deserve a life like ours. She's innocent. I know Luke wouldn't like her crying all the time. He'd probably hit her to shut her up since he seems to think violence will solve everything. I sigh as I put the hood of my jacket up and cover my face so no one would see the bruise on my left cheek. A product of Luke finding me after three years of running away. I'm glad I escaped from his clutches again. I wish I never met the bastard. It's all my fault. I brought this upon my younger sister and I. Angie was innocent in all this as well. I shouldn't have brought her into this life, but I didn't know what I was getting into at the time. I was young and oh so fucking naive, I thought Luke was this amazing older sexy man that noticed me, a young, pimply faced, twig like little twink. (I'm so glad that my awkward phase is over and I'm finally somewhat attractive, at least, Angie says I'm every girl's wet dream.) That was every fifteen year old bottom's dream. I didn't even care that there was a six year difference between us. God, I was stupid. We had to endure horrible things for years till we got the chance to flee and we took it. Then, we had to survive on our own for the next three years. Then, Angie begins to go out every other week and ends up pregnant. She told that she knew who the father was because the guy was so hammered that he forgot to use a condom and she wasn't much better. She had a panic attack and left the house afterward. She called me for moral support, but I pleaded for her to think about what she was doing. I don't know why, but I felt like this baby would change our lives. And, she really did. Zuri was the only light, besides Angie, in my dark and cold world. But, Angie died during childbirth and Luke finds me after two weeks on my own while at the grocery store. I had left Zuri with our landlord, David, who is a nice old man. I knew then that I would have to give her up. I was lucky enough that Angie had told me who she slept with and I was super surprised since he was openly gay and super rich. He could provide Zuri with everything I can't anyways. I'm tainted with the darkness of my past. God, it is all my fault. This is the one good thing that I can do in my life, I need to give up my last reason to live so she can have a wonderful life and not have to live in constant fear like I do. It was extremely hard, but I walked away from Zuri and toward my tiny little apartment that has horrible heating and is in the worst part of the city. I need to pack up and leave town. Luke already found me while I was out buying groceries, so he could possible know where I live already. I shouldn't go back there at all, but I need the money that is in my safe. I get home quickly and pack what little I have, including the money, into a small backpack and get to stepping. I leave my house key in the landlord's mailbox and get into my car. It's a pretty shitty car, but it works. My heart is aching as I drive away from the city that holds my life treasure. I need to get Luke of my trail before I can return to her though. I will try my best, but if not I hope that her father can give her a wonderful life full of family and love. I get to the next city and stop for gas and to pickpocket some more people since I can't afford to waste the money that I do have. Being in this kind of life has taught me many things, like how to pick-pocket without getting caught or how to steal from unattended cars. This life isn't easy but it is the only one I know. I hate what I do, but how else am I supposed to survive? Luke has made it hard for me to stay somewhere and get a job. I sigh because my life is about to get even harder, but if I want to see Zuri again I have to leave her till I can escape Luke.

Zayden's POV

"The last anyone has seen of Landon Blaze was the day he dropped Zuri off. The landlord said that he found the key to Landon's apartment in his mailbox. Landon moved in with his sister Angie almost three years ago. His sister Angie died at the hospital after giving birth to Zuri. They had used a different name, but they didn't change their appearance so I had them identified by picture. Before moving into the apartment though, there is a seven year gap where they both manage to stay off the grid, well except for Landon who seemed to be in and out of hospital a lot.. Before that seven year gap though, they lived with their single mother who currently resides in Texas. Their father is unknown. Landon seems to have finished his high school early before he and his sister disappeared. His last relationship was with a man named Luke Ryan. He has had one other relationship prior to Ryan. That's all we know so far on him. We're still looking for where he could have gone. He could be going by a different alias though. I just sent you his picture. Landon is 6 feet exactly with blue eyes and blondish hair. He has many tattoos and tan skin. His shoe size is 10. He weighs 135 pounds the last time he was weighed which was during a trip to the hospital for a broken arm and is underweight for his age. He seemed to be in there a lot. I think he may have been in an abusive relationship. There is nothing on his sister Angelica during those seven years."

The private investigator that I hired to locate Zuri's uncle was really good if he got back to me this quickly. Usually, it takes a few weeks or so before people get any results. I got mine in three days. My phone beeps to signal that I just got a message. I opened it up and almost choked on my own spit. He doesn't exactly look like he lives a horrible life. Even in this picture the man looks incredibly gorgeous. Jesus, this man could be a model. I feel bad for him. He's been dealt a pretty shitty life. He definitely looks like he could have been something important. Then, again looks aren't everything. But I feel like he could have. I will find him and I'll help him become what he was suppose to be. Whatever that may be.

"Okay, we-"

I'm interrupted by a small whimper and I knew what was about to come next. After two weeks of learning to take care of my daughter, I knew that if I didn't give her milk when she whimpered like that, then there would be hell to pay. A lot of things have changed. I changed my work schedule so that I can be near my daughter more. I practically work from home now.

"Um we'll continue this another time. I have to go. Duty calls. Have a nice day."

I hear a chuckle before I hang up. I quickly pick Zuri up from her bassinet that I put into my office. I have one in each room so she would be comfortable and so I can take her in any room with me. I also had cameras installed in every room and even baby-proofed the rooms. She greets me with gurgles and a cute smile. I feel my heart swell up with pride that I put that smile on her face. My daughter...I still can't believe I have a daughter, but with the help of Maria I manage. I still haven't told my mom or Chastity yet. I want to tell them when I can take care of Zuri without anyone's help. Plus, how do I tell my mom that her gay son got extremely drunk one night and had sex with a female and the result was this wonderful baby girl. That wouldn't go so well. My mom would freak out and probably kill me.

Zuri's hands come up and begin playing with my hair, successfully, bringing me out of my panicky thoughts. I take her down to the kitchen where I put her in her high-chair. I walk over to begin preparing her bottle. Warming up her bottle is still a bit tough because we can't warm it up in the microwave because it might be too hot in one area and too cold in another. So Maria told me to warm it up with hot water, but that takes forever! It's worth it though, to see her smile. She always smiles whenever she sees me. It's like she knows that I'm her father. The first time she smiled at me, my heart filled with love for her. She just stares at everyone else. She'll give Maria a small shy one, but that will last a few seconds. She is truly adorable and I am so lucky that I got to meet her. It is so sad that the rest of her family couldn't be here. I'm trying to find Landon, so she can have both of her families here.

I check the bottle by squirting some on the back of my hand and when it is the right temperature I walk over to her and begin to feed her. She sucks greedily from the tip and looks so happy. I love her so much already. God, I never want to see her cry. I won't let her date till she's fifty. As I feed her in my arms I begin talking to her.

"Hey, babygirl. I know you won't remember this, but it needs to be discussed. I love you so much. You have become so important to me in a small amount of time. I will support you in whatever you want to do in life. Except, date guys...or girls. No dating in general! We'll discuss this when you're 20. Then, we'll see. All I really want is for you to always smile, just like when you see your food or when you're looking at me. I will do my best to make you happy for the rest of your life, that I vow to you and me."

By the time, I'm done speaking, she finished her bottle and fell asleep. I think I'll tell my mom and Chastity tomorrow.  

*****

EDIT: 10/10/2016

Hey, here's the second chapter! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!

So what do we think? Any comments, concerns, or questions, don't hesitate to contact me! Or consider:

Voting

Commenting

or

Following

Picture above is of sexy Landon!!^^
Also please check out my other stories!!

Until next time, my lovelies!

~Crystal